Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Be Honest: Do you text and drive?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you text and drive?

Options:

Yes

No

Sometimes

Depends on the situation..Explain please

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 131

View Results

I know that most states have laws in effect but lets be honest, I don't think it really stops people from texting and driving. I can look to my left or to my right at anytime and see someone texting while driving.

So honestly, do you text and drive? If not, do you at least glance at the phone if it rings or you get a text?

by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Replies (71-80):
tiggzzz
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Everyone knows that texting and driving is against the law. So why is it that I see more Ploice officers on their cell phones and looking at the laptops in side their patrol cars? It's scary to me to see them multi-tasking when they are supposed to be looking out for our welfare.  My cell phone doesn't have all the crazy gadgets because there is no need for them. And when I get a call on it, I pull over and pull into a parking lot.  I only use my cell phone for when I travel out of town. Other than that, it's off and inside my purse. 

tsk tsk

Keep a Song in your Heart and a Smile on your Face...

teachingmomma
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 12:08 AM

I text at red lights, but it is still not right.  My daughter keeps me straight because she is a new driver and knows better.

Colter
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Absolutely not!  I am furious when I see other people doing it and endangering my life and the lives of my children. 

torream
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 12:58 AM

I do not do it. If it is that important, I wait until I can pull into a gas station.

momofsixangels
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 7:15 AM

No and it makes me so mad when I see others doing it

butterbean491
by Member on Jun. 5, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
absolutely not !!! I get so mad when I see others doing it. I will pull over if I just have to check my phone or text.
Shelly126
by Michele on Jun. 5, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I never look @ my phone while driving, first of all I usually have my sons in the car with me, i would never take a chance with their lives and secondly when I am in the car by myself I don't want to kill myself in an accident and not be able to raise my sons! I have insync in my car so I dont have to touch my phone to answer it if I choose to, and as far as texts, nothing is that important to risk my kids, myself or another innocent persons lives!!
Dream88
by on Jun. 5, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I do text when im alone not when im with my kids, but i dont like people that said that they have done it, i know everyone in this world is not perfect but they have text and drive at the same time once in their life. 

Diane1223
by Member on Jun. 6, 2013 at 7:42 PM
I try not to
mumamy
by on Jun. 7, 2013 at 9:23 AM

No, but I do get a lot of texts and calls when I'm in my car. Sometimes when I'm driving for hours I cant stop so when we purchased our last car I paid more for bluetooth and linked my phone up so my mobile reads the text to me and I can reply without touching or looking at my phone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)