Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Be Honest: Do you text and drive?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you text and drive?

Options:

Yes

No

Sometimes

Depends on the situation..Explain please

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 131

View Results

I know that most states have laws in effect but lets be honest, I don't think it really stops people from texting and driving. I can look to my left or to my right at anytime and see someone texting while driving.

So honestly, do you text and drive? If not, do you at least glance at the phone if it rings or you get a text?

by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I don't drive. I wouldn't if I did.

Nerys-Kianna
by Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I don't. I've always very precious cargo in my car. Don't wanna loose my babies cuz I can wait to text. I also don't talk on the phone while driving as long as it isn't synched to the car.

GunnyGirlTN
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 1:37 PM
I was able to crawl out of a broken window. Lucky me the truck behind me was a firemen & the car behind him was an RN. So I had help right away. Got whiplash and some cuts (scars now). I was traumatized and in a lot of pain. I couldn't work for a week.

I could care less if the person who is texting is hurt or worse, but for those like me who were the victim its not right we have to pay the price.

Quoting splatz:

Wow, how scary! Were you badly injured?

Quoting GunnyGirlTN:

Mobile Photo

I used to be doing it all the time!

But I stopped due to a horrible traffic accident. I was driving to work like normal. I had this odd feeling and put my phone in the cup holder & closed the sunroof. About 10 minutes later I noticed the car to my left was coming into my lane. I blew my horn but she kept coming so I started moving to the right and kept blowing my horn. This was on a very busy & dangerous highway. I thought the grass on the side of the road was level but I was wrong. To keep the car from hitting me I swerved. My SUV hit the ditch, sped out of control, & the rolled. It all happened so fast! Thank the good Lord my set collapsed & my set belt tighted. Because of this and my sunroof being closed I survived. Come to find out the girl was texting and driving. She was looking at her phone and didnt notice the car in front of her had stopped to turn left. To keep from rearending that car she swerved into my lane. I could have died! After that my husband bought me a Bluetooth. I do not text or check my phone. I use the Bluetooth for phone calls. I'm so scared of the road now. My eyes we're open and I can recall looking out the windshield as I rolled, watching the windshield shatter.
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 1:39 PM
If I'm supposed to pick my sister up and no one calls but texts i respond k
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 3, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Oh that is so scary. I am glad you are okay.

I cannot begin to imagine how frightened you must have been. I have a friend whose family member was killed a couple years ago by someone who was texting and driving. When they looked up, they were in the wrong lane, swerved across the freeway and hit the other car head on.

Quoting GunnyGirlTN:

Mobile Photo

I used to be doing it all the time!

But I stopped due to a horrible traffic accident. I was driving to work like normal. I had this odd feeling and put my phone in the cup holder & closed the sunroof. About 10 minutes later I noticed the car to my left was coming into my lane. I blew my horn but she kept coming so I started moving to the right and kept blowing my horn. This was on a very busy & dangerous highway. I thought the grass on the side of the road was level but I was wrong. To keep the car from hitting me I swerved. My SUV hit the ditch, sped out of control, & the rolled. It all happened so fast! Thank the good Lord my set collapsed & my set belt tighted. Because of this and my sunroof being closed I survived. Come to find out the girl was texting and driving. She was looking at her phone and didnt notice the car in front of her had stopped to turn left. To keep from rearending that car she swerved into my lane. I could have died! After that my husband bought me a Bluetooth. I do not text or check my phone. I use the Bluetooth for phone calls. I'm so scared of the road now. My eyes we're open and I can recall looking out the windshield as I rolled, watching the windshield shatter.

1squishysmom
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Not while I am moving. If I am at a red light, I will sometimes type a quick text. If the light turns green while I'm in mid-text, I put the phone down and finish at the next light or at my destination.

crazymomof2374
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 6:48 PM
No I do not.
HaileysMom07180
by Member on Jun. 3, 2013 at 6:50 PM

this!

Quoting Mom2five87:

I said it depends. I usually only do if it's something important and I only do it while at a stop sign, red light, or going slow. I definitely wouldn't do it on the highway or anything.

Love060708kids
by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, I put my phone in my purse and put my purse behind the passenger seat.

SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:21 AM

No, never.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)