Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Be Honest: Do you text and drive?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you text and drive?

Options:

Yes

No

Sometimes

Depends on the situation..Explain please

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 132

View Results

I know that most states have laws in effect but lets be honest, I don't think it really stops people from texting and driving. I can look to my left or to my right at anytime and see someone texting while driving.

So honestly, do you text and drive? If not, do you at least glance at the phone if it rings or you get a text?

by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Replies (21-30):
SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:22 AM

If my phone rings, it automatically comes in through the bluetooth in my van so I don't have to look at my phone.  I usually won't hear a text with my phone in my purse while I'm driving.

KW1280
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:25 AM
No way
I see teen and adults driving w/ their knees and using their hands to txt. I was ran off the road last year and this woman had her baby in the car.
JulesFairy
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:31 AM
I keep my phone in the little under stereo console thingy in my car. If a call comes in it auto responds with i am driving and will return your call as soon as possible. Texts buzz through and i check them if i am waiting for something to come in. I have three very long lights i have to wait through so i will text or read during those lights but otherwise car mode is my friend. I dont feel obligated to answer.
villagemamma
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Im always the first to admit i am NOT a good multitasker. i dont risk texting and driving because i would totally become one of those crash statistics

AJ-47
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:36 AM
I do not text and drive, and I refuse to be in a vehicle with someone who does. It's bad enough accidents happen for so many other reasons; texting while driving is a bad idea.
musicNcaffeine
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:40 AM

I look at inc. texts at stop lights. I don't answer them until I get where I am going. I talk while I drive if it's my husband. 

SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 1:42 AM

I'm not either so I know what you mean.

Quoting villagemamma:

Im always the first to admit i am NOT a good multitasker. i dont risk texting and driving because i would totally become one of those crash statistics

tammeee3
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 7:54 AM
I do not.. i have a 16 &18yr.old.. and tell them how dangerous it is.. so i am really cafeful about not using my phone at all in the car.. i want them to know it is not acceptable
petamarie
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 9:38 AM

BF rides a motorcycle all the time. You could'nt count the times he's nearly been taken out by people texting.....

GagaNTattooS
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 9:41 AM
We have Bluetooth in our car
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN