Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Be Honest: Do you text and drive?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you text and drive?

Options:

Yes

No

Sometimes

Depends on the situation..Explain please

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 131

View Results

I know that most states have laws in effect but lets be honest, I don't think it really stops people from texting and driving. I can look to my left or to my right at anytime and see someone texting while driving.

So honestly, do you text and drive? If not, do you at least glance at the phone if it rings or you get a text?

by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Replies (31-40):
Jacks04
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 9:56 AM
I do not text and drive! It is sooooo dangerous. I do talk on my phone and I think that is pretty distracting too. But I am not coordinated enough to text and drive. In fact I don't think anyone is...they are just lucky.
drivenleonian
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I'm a Realtor. I use a Bluetooth and play the music from my phone while I'm driving. I drive an 8000 pound SUV with 4X4. I'll pull off the road before I pick my phone up while I'm driving.
Nobody's life is worth being disrupted or destroyed for my needing directions, getting a text or email. I answer my phone by touching my earpiece. I can talk through the speakers or on my Bluetooth depending on what button I push.
whoodathunk
by Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Thank God you're alive!  Thank you for sharing your story.  I hope people hear it and realize just how dangerous it is to text or talk and drive.  

Quoting GunnyGirlTN:

Mobile Photo

I used to be doing it all the time!

But I stopped due to a horrible traffic accident. I was driving to work like normal. I had this odd feeling and put my phone in the cup holder & closed the sunroof. About 10 minutes later I noticed the car to my left was coming into my lane. I blew my horn but she kept coming so I started moving to the right and kept blowing my horn. This was on a very busy & dangerous highway. I thought the grass on the side of the road was level but I was wrong. To keep the car from hitting me I swerved. My SUV hit the ditch, sped out of control, & the rolled. It all happened so fast! Thank the good Lord my set collapsed & my set belt tighted. Because of this and my sunroof being closed I survived. Come to find out the girl was texting and driving. She was looking at her phone and didnt notice the car in front of her had stopped to turn left. To keep from rearending that car she swerved into my lane. I could have died! After that my husband bought me a Bluetooth. I do not text or check my phone. I use the Bluetooth for phone calls. I'm so scared of the road now. My eyes we're open and I can recall looking out the windshield as I rolled, watching the windshield shatter.

ChristineB1
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I have a preprogrammed mesg in my phone that says "driving: will call later" I will send that if I am stopped at a red light or will pull over and send it.  I refuse to text while the car is moving.  If I do talk on my phone I use the speaker phone. I try to keep talking on the phone while driving to a minimum too.

pinkcsmtlgy
by Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I see it but I don't do it. But I do make phone calls.

Rocky9178
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Not while my car is,in motion. I may check a text at a red light. I can't even see the keys while driving & may respond "driving" so the person can call me. I have a special Bluetooth that puts calls & music through my radio frequency. It actually let's me control my music through it. I would never place myself or my family in that type of danger.
storkneedsgps
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:29 AM
No, only if I am at a stoplight.
dtm1491
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I don't drive. My bf does. I freak when he texts and drives. One time he did, went off the road and we ended up with a flat tire and stuck with no spare. His Mom, son, kids Mother, all blow up his phone all day. He knows better now because I am crazy enough to throw it out of the sunroof.

Ariasmom90
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I texted while driving all the time before my daughter was born, but then told my husband that I would never do it with her in the car. Since I haven't driven without her in the car since she was born 9 months ago, I never do! I feel much better and safer now that I don't. When she gets older and is not in the car with me, I still won't. Its not worth it!

momto3boys85
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:42 AM

no, never.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)