Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Be Honest: Do you text and drive?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you text and drive?

Options:

Yes

No

Sometimes

Depends on the situation..Explain please

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 132

View Results

I know that most states have laws in effect but lets be honest, I don't think it really stops people from texting and driving. I can look to my left or to my right at anytime and see someone texting while driving.

So honestly, do you text and drive? If not, do you at least glance at the phone if it rings or you get a text?

by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Replies (41-50):
MommySchatzi
by Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:45 AM
No, never. The closest is text a quick word at a stop light if I have time.
goldielox82
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:46 AM

No never. What really possess me off is we I see cops do it

amandac4s
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Not just no but heck no. I have seen plenty of accidents when people text and drive. What I don't understand is if it is so important why not just pull over and answer instead of risking everyone else and their children. I also really dislike it when people don't use their Bluetooth to answer their phones. They don't pay attention and try to rule the road with the phone stuck to their ear.
JosiahMoriah
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Sometimes I do when like I really really have an emerigency but in most cases no.

benny1031
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 10:56 AM
No I don't when my phone rings I use my ear piece I don't even look I just say hello I see so many people doing both and just this week I have been almost hit twice both times they went hrough a stop sign and my son was with me. So I urge if you have an ear piece please use it.
Blakerswife
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Normally no. If I hear my phone go off and it's a text it can wait. If it is a phone call I'll check to see who it is but usually I'll just wait till I get to where I am going. I'm carrying precious cargo and no text is worth it. If my hubby is with me he'll read the text for me and I'll dictate for him but other than that no. But I know of friends who text and drive and people who get on facebook and drive.

luvnature
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I don't have a driver's license so this has nothing to do with me personally. My husband does not know how to text, so he does not use his phone when driving. Our car has "On Star" which is a feature in most newer cars. This allows the drivers to make phone calls without using a cell phone. Our car is a 2012. We love that feature. 

Skicza
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I used to but i thought what if, & did not like the feelings that brought up. Now i leave my phone off & if i get a text, while i am driving i will give it to a passenger to read to me or leave it til later. It's ilegal in our province & i still see people with their cell to their ear. very scary! I just pray a lot.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 4, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I never text. I don't talk on the phone when I'm driving either.

rhiannonaisling
by Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Only when I am stopped at a traffic light...I will have dd read and reply to texts or answer the phone and speak for me while I am driving otherwise I generally ignore it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN