Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Be Honest: Do you text and drive?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you text and drive?

Options:

Yes

No

Sometimes

Depends on the situation..Explain please

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 131

View Results

I know that most states have laws in effect but lets be honest, I don't think it really stops people from texting and driving. I can look to my left or to my right at anytime and see someone texting while driving.

So honestly, do you text and drive? If not, do you at least glance at the phone if it rings or you get a text?

by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Replies (91-93):
EarlGrayHot
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:10 PM

No.  I rarely use my phone unless it's an emergency and even though I now have a smart phone I rarely use it.  I have never texted at all.  I can't understand people who cannot live without their phone in hand anyway and it's so dangerous it should be illegal everywhere.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that anything which distracts you from driving is very dangerous. 

dineau6
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 6:02 PM

If there is an urgent text that needs addressing, I either pull over, or will wait until I stop. . .  It scares me that people are comfortable doing it. It is akin to reading and driving. . . I only read when I'm walking :)

MrsShipley21
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Fuck no! I'm not that selfish. I have four children who I am leading by example. I would never endanger mine or my children's life's little own the life of another. Shoot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)