Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

5 year old in a stroller

Posted by   + Show Post
My ds is 5 years old, we live with my mil and every time she wants to take him for a walk she wants to put him in the stroller. I personally do not like this, I think he is too old and I do not want him to get used to this to the point that he still wants to sit in one at 6,7,8. I have not said anything to her because whenever dh or I tell her we don't want her doing something specific with our kids she gets pissed off and acts like she is right and we are wrong. What do you think, is 5 years old too old for a stroller? Is this a worth while convo, possible argument to have with her?
by on Jun. 4, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Replies (21-25):
splatz
by Sarah on Jun. 8, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Tell her it would be even better for him to walk and get exercise, not to mention more fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TimetoMomUp
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Well, I pretty much agree with you  BUT I do put my five year old in the double stroller when I go for a 3 mile jog.  She has fallen arches, wears orthodics and it is just too much for her and causes her pain. 

AmandaB10
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Quoting MistressMinerva:

Get rid of the stroller.

Unfortunately I cannot, I have a 22 mo old and a 3rd on the way.
nissadawn
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:23 PM

This could go both ways...yes i think 5 is to old....but if you are in a very busy place or somewhere where there is going to be a lot of walking i think its fine...plus you also have to look at the person...if your son wandered off could you MIL honestly chase after him quick enough to keep him from stepping in the street? Perhaps she thinks that she might not be able to and using the stroller is a safty thing for her

thatgirl70
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Unless he has a disability that requires him to be wheeled around, no, he can walk. I would get rid of the stroller if you still have it, remove any access for her to put him into one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN