Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My Mom is concerned about my son's head.

Posted by   + Show Post
I sent a picture of my son to my mom and she calls me up from her office saying she was looking at his head saying it looked a bit abnormally big. Gee thanks mom, I know he has a big head, but there hasn't been any concerns with any doctors. Besides him having a big head, he is perfectly normal. I have a feeling someone told her that at work, because it's not like she hasn't seen him before.
by on Jun. 7, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
Diane1223
by Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:31 PM
I wouldn't worry if the doctor thinks he is fine.
MommySchatzi
by Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Yeah it's not me that's the one who is worried, it was my mom.

Quoting Diane1223:

I wouldn't worry if the doctor thinks he is fine.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jun. 10, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a friend with a rather large head...she is actually pretty smart! : )

MommySchatzi
by Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:03 PM
I might have a little genius here myself, but don't really want to brag about it. I am not the bragging type.

Quoting Pammi86:

I have a friend with a rather large head...she is actually pretty smart! : )

sallymoon
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:03 AM

My son has also has a large head.  When he was a baby, a friend of mine who works at a children's hospital expressed concern over the size and shape of his head.  I took him to a neurologist and they did an ultrasound.  They told me he did have an exceptionally large head, but that was just genetics, and the misshape was due to positional plagiocephaly and he just needed to wear a special helmet for several months to round it out.

Child Passenger Safety Technician

MommySchatzi
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Yeah my son had a cone head because he tried coming out before being fully dilated. I can thank my OB  that, she induced me for no purpose but for her own convenience. My other OB wanted to wait. I had to end up getting a c-section, but his head went back to normal before we even left the hospital. 

Quoting sallymoon:

My son has also has a large head.  When he was a baby, a friend of mine who works at a children's hospital expressed concern over the size and shape of his head.  I took him to a neurologist and they did an ultrasound.  They told me he did have an exceptionally large head, but that was just genetics, and the misshape was due to positional plagiocephaly and he just needed to wear a special helmet for several months to round it out.

MommaH4
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

my youngest had such a big round head up until a few months ago haha (he will be 2 in october) his doctors were never concerned. dont let it bother you! if anything it just makes them cuter!

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:18 PM

If he's ok by drs., I would be ok with that...

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:20 PM

When my youngest, now 6, was born they were really concerned about her head being really small and kept commenting on it...we did not see what they were talking about but she's ok and healthy now...

Quoting MommySchatzi:

I sent a picture of my son to my mom and she calls me up from her office saying she was looking at his head saying it looked a bit abnormally big. Gee thanks mom, I know he has a big head, but there hasn't been any concerns with any doctors. Besides him having a big head, he is perfectly normal. I have a feeling someone told her that at work, because it's not like she hasn't seen him before.

MommySchatzi
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:56 PM

My son will probably be the same, he is 14 months. I am sure he will grow into it.

Quoting MommaH4:

my youngest had such a big round head up until a few months ago haha (he will be 2 in october) his doctors were never concerned. dont let it bother you! if anything it just makes them cuter!

<CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN