Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you go through your husbands stuff?

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM
  • 67 Replies
2 moms liked this

We had friends over this weekend for a BBQ. When we were outside my husband asked me if I could go inside and look for something in his phone. 

Later that night after everyone had left, he told me that one of the guys he works with, that we invited over, pulled him aside and told him that he needed to change the password on his phone lock because I was in the house earlier going through his phone. When my husband asked him why, he told my husband that his wife has a habit of going through his email, facebook, phone and wallet always looking for 'stuff' and that he constantly has to change up passwords.

My husband told him that the only reason we have locks on our phones is because our son likes to play on them and has been known to download apps or erase things when he is playing on them. That neither of us has anything to hide and we both have access to eachother passwords. My dh said that the guy looked at my dh like he was crazy. 

I just met this guy and his wife, so I don't know if he has anything to hide or he just values his privacy, but I thought it was odd so I thought I would ask how everyone else feels about it. 

Do you go through your dh/so stuff? Do you have passwords to their media? 

by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MJP76
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 10:16 AM
2 moms liked this

No. We have each other's passwords. We don't hide anything from one another. Trust is the core foundation to any relationship. You should know each others business.

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 10:33 AM
This

Quoting MJP76:

No. We have each other's passwords. We don't hide anything from one another. Trust is the core foundation to any relationship. You should know each others business.

blessedbyGod141
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 10:35 AM
No we don't. If I feel like I need to he would gladly hand it over. Same for me with him. Nothing to hide
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:06 PM

My husband doesn't have any passwords. So that isn't an issue. But I can go through his phone for a number like you did anytime I want to. We don't keep secrets.

jowens8907
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Me and my fiance have each other's passwords and we get on each other's Facebook when we are bored or something.  Neither of us has anthing to hide but I don't snoop through his text messages unless he tells me to look at something, it bothers me when I find him going through my messages though.  I don't have anything to hide but I don't like the invasion of privacy, I've had exs that would go through my call history and messages looking for "something" (no idea what that something was). After a few months of explaining to him why I felt that way he understood and now he only looks if I have something to show him. He also knows he can't go through a certain picture album on my phone and computer because pictures of my wedding dress are they and if he sees them I will be very upset.

alf2651
by Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Quoting MJP76:

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Knightquester
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't go through my husbands stuff, but he also doesn't hide anything.  We don't have any passwords that we both don't know on any of our accounts, and we don't lock either of our phones.  To us there's nothing to hide, and so we share everything.  We've had moments where I needed get something from his wallet, or he get something from my purse and it's not a big deal.  There have been moments where it was needed for him to jump on one of my accounts on something, or I his and it's been nice that we didn't have to search or ask around for the passwords.  We have also had moments where we've swapped phones or only one phone was operational so the person going out took it, and it really didn't matter who the phone initially belonged to.  To each other, we're an open book and we trust each other completely.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 10, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I don't go through my dh's stuff. We have eachothers passwords.

MansfieldMama
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Quoting goddess99:

I don't go through my dh's stuff. We have eachothers passwords.

This. Half the time my husband used to forget passwords, and would have to call me to ask what the password was for various things.  Now, dh, my teenage son, and I all use the same password for all electronics, and we don't mind at all if we look at each other's stuff.  None of us have anything to hide.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jun. 10, 2013 at 6:06 PM
I agree.

Quoting MJP76:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN