Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you go through your husbands stuff?

Posted by   + Show Post

We had friends over this weekend for a BBQ. When we were outside my husband asked me if I could go inside and look for something in his phone. 

Later that night after everyone had left, he told me that one of the guys he works with, that we invited over, pulled him aside and told him that he needed to change the password on his phone lock because I was in the house earlier going through his phone. When my husband asked him why, he told my husband that his wife has a habit of going through his email, facebook, phone and wallet always looking for 'stuff' and that he constantly has to change up passwords.

My husband told him that the only reason we have locks on our phones is because our son likes to play on them and has been known to download apps or erase things when he is playing on them. That neither of us has anything to hide and we both have access to eachother passwords. My dh said that the guy looked at my dh like he was crazy. 

I just met this guy and his wife, so I don't know if he has anything to hide or he just values his privacy, but I thought it was odd so I thought I would ask how everyone else feels about it. 

Do you go through your dh/so stuff? Do you have passwords to their media? 

by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Replies (61-67):
SAHM2011
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Well it sounds like to me, that this guy has something to hide. As well as his marriage has alot of insecurities. 

We don't go through eachothers things. The closest to going through his things I'd say that I have done is FB. He leaves his logged on and mine automatically logs me on. So I just get on thinking it's mine and as soon as i realize I log out. I have glanced at his txts and things but I don't feel any need to go through everything. I don't have any reason to feel like he's hiding anything from me. Considering we always try to talk about everything.

TimetoMomUp
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:09 PM

We know each others passwords but I don't go through his stuff actively looking for "evidence" and he respects me the same.  Now if I need to use his phone or computer I will ask out of respect, just as I would expect him to ask me.  I am not suspicious of him and visa versa.

TimetoMomUp
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Oh, I should add, my husband ALWAYS leaves pens in his pockets so I do check his pockets when doing laundry.  I am not sure if that is what you meant.

little.worthen
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:10 PM
No I don't go through his stuff. I think I h e his Facebook password but I'm not sure
hspear
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I know DH's passwords better than he does, and I go through his stuff daily. He knows I do it, too lol. I've told him I do it, and told him it's because I need to know what's going on. We're constantly in court with SD's BM (like, for the last 5 years there's been no break in court crap), but he doesn't tell me what the lawyer tells him (like if there are documents he needs to get together, dates we have to be thee - it's an out of state court, etc.) and always responds "I don't want to talk about it right now"; he never wants to, so I just go through his mail, email, etc, and see, then do, what needs to be done :-)

If DH ever had the inclination (he hates technology, so I doubt it'll happen lol) he is more than welcome to go through my stuff and he knows it. We have no secrets :-)

mom4awesomekids
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:33 PM
No. I have no reason to.
itsnotamovie
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I can go through his phone, computer, wallet, or underwear drawer, whatever, but he knows I don't.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)