Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Let's Chat: What's on your mind? What are you doing this summer?

Posted by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 11:35 PM
  • 151 Replies

Welcome to our Tuesday Coffee Break Chat!

What are you doing this summer? 
What are your kids doing?  How old are your kids?

Let's talk! What's on  your mind?

at the beach

*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply and respond to them!

by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:39 AM

DH and I are working on our first vegetable garden together.  I've had them in the past, but DH has not.  But we go gophers this year!  AGH! 

DS (5y/o) is in a Kindergarten summer program until the end of June to help him adjust from preschool to 8 hour days.

DS (1 y/o) is chilling with Mom most days.  He's busy eating everything in sight.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I am so jealous of your vegetable garden. I want one so bad, but it is no secret that I have a black thumb and inevitably kill everything I try to grow.

What types of veggies are you going to grow?

I think it is awesome that your son is in a transition program in the summer. If more places had things like this, it would make it so much easier on kids when they are going to school all day for the first time.

Is your son excited about the summer program?

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

DH and I are working on our first vegetable garden together.  I've had them in the past, but DH has not.  But we go gophers this year!  AGH! 

DS (5y/o) is in a Kindergarten summer program until the end of June to help him adjust from preschool to 8 hour days.

DS (1 y/o) is chilling with Mom most days.  He's busy eating everything in sight.

splatz
by Sarah on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Morning! :)
We don't have any major plans this summer. We decided to skip a vacation and do a staycation instead. We have so many great activities around us that we don't go to often enough so it seemed like a good option.
My son is 7 and he will be spending two weeks on, two weeks off with his dad this summer. Hes excited. Me not so much...
My daughter is 2 so I'm hoping to sneak in lots of park trips and zoo trips on the weeks big brother is gone. I think this summer will be really hard on him. She gets upset when he just leaves for weekend visits.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Tell your youngest to come over here and share that appetite with my toddler! She doesn't want to eat anything lately.

I wish they had a program like that here. I'm sure that will make the adjustment to kindergarten so much easier!

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AliKatAK47
by Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:51 AM
I am going with some friends to Nevada and Florida.
Luvizth3drug
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:54 AM
My husband and I are takin a break to work on our relationship and ourselves. But I'm mainly gonna be takin care of our son for the summer. I would love to go to the beach for a weekend that would be great. But other than that idk what else I'm doin
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I think staycations are great. I live in DFW and we have so many things here to do, that we are pretty much going to do the same thing this summer. We have a lot of local activities planned this summer.

Quoting splatz:

Morning! :)
We don't have any major plans this summer. We decided to skip a vacation and do a staycation instead. We have so many great activities around us that we don't go to often enough so it seemed like a good option.
My son is 7 and he will be spending two weeks on, two weeks off with his dad this summer. Hes excited. Me not so much...
My daughter is 2 so I'm hoping to sneak in lots of park trips and zoo trips on the weeks big brother is gone. I think this summer will be really hard on him. She gets upset when he just leaves for weekend visits.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Oh how fun!

Are you visiting anyone in particular or just going on vacation?

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I am going with some friends to Nevada and Florida.

2Sparrows4ever
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I'm hanging at the local beach, reading a good book, maybe exploring all the new baby items on the market for our grandchild ♥
Our oldest is getting ready to become a 1st time parent & our 17 yr old will be hanging with his girlfriend and sometimes I'll get lucky and they'll want to hang with me ☺

Happy Tuesday
gmoen1977
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Once We figureo ut what is going on with my pregnancy 6.6 wks along. and heading out to travel with SO in MI and coming back to WI for appointments only.  be out about 3 months or more.  Pnut my pup will be spending time at the doggy parks along the way and learning new tasks for when baby gets here.  no kids traveling with us.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)