Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Death and the afterlife...what do you believe?

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM
  • 49 Replies

Well, I am a christian and lately this has been weighing a lot on my mind. I'm only 22 so you would think Death would be the last thing on my mind! I believe that when a person dies, they either go to heaven or hell, depending on if they have been saved. I also believe in the Rapture and the Tribulation that takes place after the rapture.

When I think about myself dying and going to heaven...it's just something that I find hard to think about. It scares me a little for some reason...even though I know for a fact that I will be going to heaven. Maybe it scares me because I have so many friends and a few family members that are not saved I guess.

Anyway, I was just wondering what other CafeMoms believe.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trisha903
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:31 PM
I know that scares me to I know I'm saved and when I die my spirit will be with Jesus but it still scares me
JenniferMiller0
by Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I like try to imagine it and it is just near impossible without feeling like I'm going to have a panic attack! It wasn't so bad until I had my son so maybe that's what stared it? To feel like anything is gonna take me away from him? I dunno...

Quoting trisha903:

I know that scares me to I know I'm saved and when I die my spirit will be with Jesus but it still scares me

CafeMom Tickers
ilovekeith12
by New Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I get scared also 

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:14 AM
2 moms liked this
Same here. I know when I die I will go to Heaven. But it's kinda scary. It's the fear of the unknown. we read about Heaven, but we have never been. It's the same fear you get going any new place. except you either have to die or get raptured to go and there in lies fear. I'm scared of heights and the rapture always scared me because when Jesus ascended he went up. I know it happens in a moment in the twinkling of an eye. But I don't like to think of heights. I avoid planes and amusement park rides at all costs. I have slight panic attacks when I do fly in a plane and pray
the whole time.
Also not knowing if you will die or get raptured is another part of the fear of the unknown. We should really pray over this. Perfect love casts out all fear and we were not given a spirit of fear but of love and a sound mind.
I pray we both have this fear replaced with a peace that passes all understanding.
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:15 AM
that scares me the most. leaving him.

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I like try to imagine it and it is just near impossible without feeling like I'm going to have a panic attack! It wasn't so bad until I had my son so maybe that's what stared it? To feel like anything is gonna take me away from him? I dunno...

Quoting trisha903:

JenniferMiller0
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

This is EXACTLY how I feel. Finally, someone gets it! lol.

Quoting Jenn8604:

Same here. I know when I die I will go to Heaven. But it's kinda scary. It's the fear of the unknown. we read about Heaven, but we have never been. It's the same fear you get going any new place. except you either have to die or get raptured to go and there in lies fear. I'm scared of heights and the rapture always scared me because when Jesus ascended he went up. I know it happens in a moment in the twinkling of an eye. But I don't like to think of heights. I avoid planes and amusement park rides at all costs. I have slight panic attacks when I do fly in a plane and pray
the whole time.
Also not knowing if you will die or get raptured is another part of the fear of the unknown. We should really pray over this. Perfect love casts out all fear and we were not given a spirit of fear but of love and a sound mind.
I pray we both have this fear replaced with a peace that passes all understanding.

CafeMom Tickers
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:21 AM
YAY! Sometimes I have wondered if i was the only one who felt this way. It's good to know you feel the same and understand.

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

This is EXACTLY how I feel. Finally, someone gets it! lol.

Quoting Jenn8604:

the whole time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovekeith12
by New Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:24 AM

That is so crazy you said this !! I had a dream not to long ago that he came and we all started going up to heaven slowly , we could see everything below and above . I woke up scared 

Quoting Jenn8604:

the whole time.

ilovekeith12
by New Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Me too ! I felti was the only one that feels this way . I have panic attacks , so if I think about it I have one 

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

Quoting trisha903:

jmobashrn
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 1:01 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm an atheist.  I don't have clear cut views on death/afterlife, and I think there's absolutely no way for anyone to know for sure.

For the most part I believe that our lives work in a fashion similar to animals in that we live, we die, and our bodies decompose for the circle of life, Lion King style.  I think this is the only life that we have, and it's our job to find our own purpose in life in order to be fulfilled.  I do not believe in a higher power, a judgment on past actions, or a dichotomy of heaven and hell.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)