Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

10 month old has had upper congestion over a month 1/2 now!

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:25 PM
  • 25 Replies
What should I do? I've read that we should see her pediatrician if it continues and it has not gone away. I'm tired of her putting up a fight to get her nose suctioned. I've taken her to Children's Hospital and mentioned that as well when she had fevers of 105 and all. They just sent her home after waiting in waiting room for 8 hours. Only to be sent home w/ diagnosis of Upper congestion and fevers. Smh. So much it being an 'emergency' i had to give my dd fever reducer in there! Anyway her doctor said it'll pass but it still has not gone away. What do I do? Its a bit frustrating too having all your shirts snotty from when baby rubs her nose all over it and if you're trying to sty clean it's tough. :(

jugglingMirabel

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delanna6two
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Yesterday at 5:06 PM
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Hope she's better....I would still take her back to drs.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

aww I would try another doctor and let them know how long this has been going on for. That is ridiculous. Hope she feels better soon!

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like an infection and baby may need antibiotics. I would lay down the law and tellem you want somethin done now.

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this

also try childrens sudafed. My 9 month old takes it when she has allergies. She has been sick her whole little 9 months of life and was in the hospital at 4 months with RSV. Its been a hell of a ride. Doc perscribes 2 mL 3 times a day. It helps alot with the congestion

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Please update when you find out more or when she's feeling better.

Myruhbel
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Thank you for your responses. Apparently her doctor keeps telling me I call After hours. (sorry i cant get baby's symptoms to act up more until after 5pm) :| I must be irritating her. I will call tomorrow and get her to see my baby girl. This has gone on for far too long. Will let you all know what goes on!
jmobashrn
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 3:21 AM

The ER is not the place to go for this kind of illness.  Unless she's apneic, a stuffy nose and a fever brought down with Tylenol is meant for an 8-5 doctor.  If you want quick and effective care at the ER, there needs to be a chance of death, otherwise those who are bleeding out from a car accident, becoming majorly dehydrated from a full body burn, or having a stroke or heart attack are going to take precedence.

This probably comes off harsher than intended, but you won't get what you need at the ER.  My suggestion would be to establish care with a primary care doctor, get referrals to ENT, and see what they recommend since that's their specialty.

Also, antibiotics will do nothing except increase future resistance if not targeting a bacteria or fungus.  Then only certain antibiotics target certain organisms.  They are overprescribed as it stands.

Just my opinion.

PinkButterfly66
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Make an appointment with the doctor during the day.  If she has a sinus infection, she'll need antibiotics.  Use saline nose spray to loosen up the mucus.  

MommaH4
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:31 AM

i would see a different doctor! does she have allergies? i know they say  they can't say for sure a child has an allergy to something until they are older but my husband has been allergic to animals since the day he was born, he can't even go in a home with a pet for a minute without geting very congested and then hes sick for a few days. hes also allergic to ALL fabric softner it also makes him sick. and hes been like that since he was born. i would see a different doctor for sure!

baileymarie723
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:42 AM
I would bring her back. A month and a half is a little excessive.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN