Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

10 month old has had upper congestion over a month 1/2 now!

Posted by   + Show Post
What should I do? I've read that we should see her pediatrician if it continues and it has not gone away. I'm tired of her putting up a fight to get her nose suctioned. I've taken her to Children's Hospital and mentioned that as well when she had fevers of 105 and all. They just sent her home after waiting in waiting room for 8 hours. Only to be sent home w/ diagnosis of Upper congestion and fevers. Smh. So much it being an 'emergency' i had to give my dd fever reducer in there! Anyway her doctor said it'll pass but it still has not gone away. What do I do? Its a bit frustrating too having all your shirts snotty from when baby rubs her nose all over it and if you're trying to sty clean it's tough. :(

jugglingMirabel

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Replies (21-25):
TimetoMomUp
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Sounds like fifths.  Cold symptoms for weeks, fever.  If it ends in a rash, you will know.

Diane1223
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:18 PM

go back to pediatrician

benny1031
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Has she been tested for RSV? You must take her to a different doctor!!!!!! Has she had a chest xray ? Please take her soon and keep me updated.
benny1031
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Has she been tested for RSV? You must take her to a different doctor!!!!!! Has she had a chest xray ? Please take her soon and keep me updated.
Myruhbel
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Quoting benny1031:

Yes she's had an X-ray at the first e.r we took her to when we panicked as she was having a fever of 105 and she was shaking as she slept and yet her eyes were half open. They only gave her fever meds that were very strong and antibiotics saying it looks to be in early stages of an infection and prescribed antibiotics as well as giving her a painful shot of an antibiotic in her leg. The doc said that should kill it without a doubt. We were to see her doctor within 2 days and we did. Her pedi saw her and said ob she has a cold? She looks happy to me. Then she had the xrays faxed to her office whereas she said they looked fine and to stop taking the antibiotics. However she still had her congestion/runny nose a while after that.

jugglingMirabel

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)