Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Transitioning.....

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:07 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hi Moms,

Ok so my son is going to be ONE!!! next month and I need help on transition from formula to regular milk. His on Prosobee he can't have whole milk or I should say cow. I want to have him drinking soy or almond but I don't know how to go into the process? 

Also He will be starting daycare soon and I want to know if you moms can tell me how its going to be the first day or how your first time was and what to expect and etc. Thanks ladies. 

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MommaH4
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:37 AM

my son needed soy for about 4 months his belly just wouldnt digest cows milk right and he would get constipated, he grew out of that, i used SILK soy milk in the red carton he loved it. and his doctor told me to just switch it. from formula to the soy. so that is what i did, but that was because of digestion issues i would ask your pedi what she suggest for your child on switching. also, his first day of daycare was WAY harder for me than it was for him! he waved bye bye and i went to the car and cried LOL. i would recommend visiting the daycare before you put him there, get to know the staff a little bit before you decide to leave your child there and ask other parents what they think of it. i did alot of research before i left my child with people i didnt know, i asked to see their certification, and all the paperwork that their building was upto fire code, and that staff was CPR and first aid trained. i wanted to know my child was SAFE.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Just switch and see how he does. If not you can keep him on formula a little longer. Daycare is different for differnt ones. Some love it. Some take a while to get used to it. Each child is different.

splatz
by Sarah on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Your pedi should give you instructions. I think usually they recommend to do half and half or something along those lines to help him adjust. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:49 PM

This.

Quoting splatz:

Your pedi should give you instructions. I think usually they recommend to do half and half or something along those lines to help him adjust. 

nordicdeity
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:52 PM
I don't know about daycare. But my sons doctor had told me to transition by using a little milk vs formula and slowly increase the milk while decreasing the formula. Smooth transition. Definitely ask your own doc though.
DragonInfinity
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:26 AM

My dd needed soy for about 5months (we switched her to regular milk early). We when we finally transitioned from soy to 2% we did half and half for a while and slowly increased the 2% and decreased the soy, until she was completely on 2%.

On the daycare, I don't know. I ran an In Home Daycare in my home.

Only once we surrender to the Mystery can it reveal itself to us!!!

lovemysalior13
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Thanks to all the moms. I gave him soy almond milk and he liked it and drinked it but he end up having a lot of BM and I put him back on his formula. I am thinking about waiting for his next Wellness checkup and ask the doc about switching him over . 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN