Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Food Wasters

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:06 PM
  • 11 Replies

What would you mama's do if your LO (mine is 5) took a tortilla with his lunch, knowing he doesnt like them, and just took it so he could play with it? I wasnt paying attention so when the other 2 boys sat and ate thier food and tortilla, my son sat playing with his. He said he took it so he could make a tortilla "man face" like his brother. But his brother ate his. Soooo... what would you do about it?

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Sonce it's just a tortilla I probably wouldn't care.

wrapitwithjodi
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:27 AM

I know it seems trivial... he's just a little turd and gets away with everything and its driving my husband crazy. Lol! I was gonna make him eat it next time he was hungry or something but I just threw it away.

bahamamama61
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this
That's 'Being Creative with Food':) I would encourage it:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justahousewife
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Taking food just to play with it wouldn't fly. As trivial as it might seem there is a bigger picture. Imo
Shani527
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I mean its irritating but unless it was a huge amount i wouldnt care so much. Maybe one day it will turn into "making a totilla face and eatting it like big brother"
I dont care if mine play with their food and eat it. If they play and dont eat i usually wrap it and stick it in the fridge.

My son makes a green bean forest in his mashed tators. Use to be he didnt eat the forest now he does.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I would just tell him next time he does it he will eat it.

splatz
by Sarah on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I have enough things to argue with my kids about as it is lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elkmomma
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Tortillas re fun food.  You can do almost anything with them.  When DS was about that age he thought they were Frisbees.  Now at 12 he makes all kinds of stuff with them and eats them.  He makes PB&J roll ups, melts ham & cheese on them, or even makes a salad of sorts and rolls them up.

ZanderandBella
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I probably wouldn't do anything. Then again, I sub at an elementary school. It's amazing the amount of food that is thrown out because the kids don't like it and the parents packed it anyways.

dtm1491
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 6:34 PM

I'd let it go. If he moves on to steaks you have a problem.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)