Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Toddler Humping Bed

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:05 PM
  • 108 Replies
1 mom liked this
My daughter is humping her bed to go to sleep. It is very strange and disturbs me a little. Is this normal? We are very careful about what shows she watches, she is not left alone with strangers etc. She is 2.5 years old. Has anyone else's toddler done this?
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hopeym23
by New Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Yes my oldest did that.  She would hump a lot of things actually.  She grew out of it.  She is 7 now.

saylooth
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Quoting hopeym23:

Yes my oldest did that.  She would hump a lot of things actually.  She grew out of it.  She is 7 now.

Your children are beautiful. Thanks. Its just a little disturbing you know? Parents always become afraid of inappropriate touching, etc. God to know it isn't just my little one.
whatmynameagain
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:31 AM
3 moms liked this
It's a typical, healthy, normal stage kids @the 2.5/3 go through. They are learning about their bodies and what feels good its nothing sexual just them exploring.They grow out of it but they haven't learned privacy yet.:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:27 AM
10 moms liked this
Yes, it's normal. It is mastabatory, but not sexual. She's discovering her body and this feels good. Perfectly normal, just please, no punishment. Just remind her that it's fine but to continue to keep it private.... In her bedroom , with the door closed.

Is this your first child ? This is not anything to make you uncomfortable, and do not inadvertently make her feel
It's wrong.
It's most likely nothing she watched, heard, saw or had done to her. This is exploration, and face it, if it feels good , as mammals , we're gonna do it. Just roll with it.
Karopie_99
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
My 21 month old man handles herself down there with every diaper change. She digs her fingers everywhere (outside only) and she smacks it all the time. She takes her diaper off often to do this too. It is disturbing but not uncommon and more normal than what most think cause many are ti ashamed to admit it. Your little one will most likely grow out of it with a little time :)
baileymarie723
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:03 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree. I did this as a child, but when I would get cought I would get into trouble. As I got older, and realized what it was I was doing I never wanted to start having sex because I felt for the longest time it was wrong.

Quoting Momofmenagerie:

Yes, it's normal. It is mastabatory, but not sexual. She's discovering her body and this feels good. Perfectly normal, just please, no punishment. Just remind her that it's fine but to continue to keep it private.... In her bedroom , with the door closed.

Is this your first child ? This is not anything to make you uncomfortable, and do not inadvertently make her feel
It's wrong.
It's most likely nothing she watched, heard, saw or had done to her. This is exploration, and face it, if it feels good , as mammals , we're gonna do it. Just roll with it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I knew a little girl that did that and I wandered myself if it was normal. My kids didn't do that. I would ask my Ped. just to be sure.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I would think it would be normal.

Mommy4000
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Completely natural. I had a 2 year old in daycare that would do this with her stuffed animals at nap time. Everyone masturbates, even infants can become aroused. My kids were never exactly humpers, but my daughter went through a "touching" phase from about 2-4. The only reason to worry, would be if she were doing it excessively to the point where she stops focusing on other interests.

saylooth
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:35 PM
2 moms liked this
Smacks it, lol.

Quoting Karopie_99:

My 21 month old man handles herself down there with every diaper change. She digs her fingers everywhere (outside only) and she smacks it all the time. She takes her diaper off often to do this too. It is disturbing but not uncommon and more normal than what most think cause many are ti ashamed to admit it. Your little one will most likely grow out of it with a little time :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN