Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Toddler Humping Bed

Posted by   + Show Post
My daughter is humping her bed to go to sleep. It is very strange and disturbs me a little. Is this normal? We are very careful about what shows she watches, she is not left alone with strangers etc. She is 2.5 years old. Has anyone else's toddler done this?
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Replies (31-40):
pandapit39
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Please INVESTIGATE your daughter's behavior!!! if this is new behavior. .Or something you are just noticing (regardless INVESTIGATE!)...This could be sign of SEXUAL ABUSE.....Children exhibiting sexual behavior at a young age are usually TAUGHT this sexuaal behavior by someone. .... Have you even INVESTIGATED her behavior or are you just (so concerned that all you can do is blog)? Please take action :)
lalalamama
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:51 AM
It's normal. It's self-soothing and feels good. Since she does this in her bed there's nothing you should do, just ignore it. My niece would rub against and "hump" the arm of the sofa. She'd do this when tired and sleepy and in that case had to be gently told this was "private" and not "public" behaviour.
jana741
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Yes, Probably seen you doing this or someone.  Children are so different now, They are born with so much more sense.  Then children years ago.    You really have to watch them.

Cwhit210
by New Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM
It's completely normal and is more of a soothing attic then anything.
thea11101981
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM
I know..I. know.. but I wouldn't allow any of my kids to do that. I wasn't allowed and I still feel wrong and dirty for exploring myself. I never slapped my kids..bcause at that age they really wouldn't understand why they'd be getting into trouble. But as they'd be gettin older.. that's where I start explaining (bible wise) how wrong it is to actually do it. But that's how I grew up.
lancet98
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Kids do that, it's ok.   

MSBlogs
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:01 AM
As weird as it may seem or even look.. Maybe it's her way of soothing herself..did you ever pat her butt when she was a baby?
I still to this day rock myself to sleep, sort of hard to explain, my mom says she thinks its because when I was a baby the only way I would fall asleep is when she patted my butt..
I think I would worry to much a out it.. Kids are silly
alexis.leann
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I'm glad I found this post. I did this when I was very young. I never knew how common it was.
CrstlChstn79
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:04 AM

My 21 month old too. My niece who is almost 8 now also done it and she grew out of it.

Quoting Karopie_99:

My 21 month old man handles herself down there with every diaper change. She digs her fingers everywhere (outside only) and she smacks it all the time. She takes her diaper off often to do this too. It is disturbing but not uncommon and more normal than what most think cause many are ti ashamed to admit it. Your little one will most likely grow out of it with a little time :)

Mom_to_Lincoln
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I dont know if that's appropriate at 4. That's when they should first start learning to keep private's to themselves. My ds is 5 and he now goes to the bathroom/bedroom anytime he needs to undress to chage. Im teaching him he cant get dressed in the living room anymore. Unless your a nudest there is no reason to walk/sit around your house naked. I would be worried that one day he might meantion to a teacher/friend that he "gets to sit on the couch naked when mom and dad are home" and next thing you know CPS gets called. lol

Quoting arwalters:

Ds is obsessed with being naked right now. We gave him boundaries about when and where he can. only if it's just mommy and daddy at home and only at home. If he starts to explore himself, lol, we tell him he has to go in his room to do that. He is very good at following the rules, always asks me first "mommy can I be naked?" When I say sure he makes sure I close the curtains so no one will see him. Today when he had naked time he just sprawled out on the couch watching TV, he sighs and says "I love being naked, it's so much fun" haha. It usually doesn't last more than a half hr but I'm hoping he grows out of out eventually lol. He's 4. I don't remember him ever doing the humping thing but I do know it's normal, not sexual. just that they become aware of a sensation & are exploring it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)