Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
My daughter is humping her bed to go to sleep. It is very strange and disturbs me a little. Is this normal? We are very careful about what shows she watches, she is not left alone with strangers etc. She is 2.5 years old. Has anyone else's toddler done this?
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Replies (61-70):
MommySchatzi
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:43 PM

My son likes to play with his penis when he is taking a bath or grabs it during diaper changes. My husband and I know it is normal. The only time I don't let him touch it is when he has watery poo or I am trying to close his diaper. 

disnchntdwife
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:49 PM

its normal..dont worry

krayzbabylove
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Very normal. Just begin to teach her privacy, and if you haven't started already, teach her good touch bad touch, and who can and cannot touch.
Jeanmcn73
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I'm sure its nothin 2 worry about, my 2 yr old keeps touching herself when her nappys off, at 1st I told her no dnt do that, but the more I tried 2 distract her frm it the more she seemed 2 do it. So I'm just ignorin it now hopin she'l grow out of it, I wud say 2 u just 2 do the same theres not much else 2 do really dont u think?
redhairedgirl
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Normal normal normal... :) My first dd didn't go there until after she was old enough to have the privacy talk with, so it was a surprise for me when my second dd started humping *me* at 16 months! She's 20 months now, still WAY too young to have the talk with, still not done weaning, and if her timing is inappropriate, ( like if we're in public or around non-family members) I have to just distract or redirect her. I have to be on the ball about it, too, or she throws quite the fit about it!

The thing you want to try to remember is to not make any kind of big deal about it. Avoid anything that might make your little one feel ashamed at all costs. The less attention you give it, the faster they'll grow out of it.
puttinintime
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:57 PM

The little girl I used to babysit used to hump the top of the couch when she was oh, I think she wasabout 2 years old. She grew out of it. I just ignored it, as did her mom and dad. I think it is kind of like a little boy being soothed or whatever by playing with his winkie. my son liked to rub the corners of his blanket on his cheeks while he drank his bottle. I don't know, but I think it is more a comforting, tension relieving behavior, rather than a sexual pleasure-type thing. I wouldn't worry over much about it. all three of these kids are normal adults who don't play with themselves obsessively, or hump objects (to my knowledge, anyway!) or sooth themselves to sleep by rubbing the corners of blankets on their faces. Lol

Terriann13
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:25 PM

child just exploring her body and doing what feels good.  They grow out of it, well maybe until the teen years.

lwalker270
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Many kids use it as a comfort mechanism.  

Completely normal.

BannerElkHogans
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Yes... an it usually happens after the kid walks in on their parents.......doing the you all know :)

benny1031
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:08 PM
I work in a day care and I have seen this several times ehen the children are on their cots yes it is normal behavior don't worry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)