Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler Humping Bed

Posted by   + Show Post
My daughter is humping her bed to go to sleep. It is very strange and disturbs me a little. Is this normal? We are very careful about what shows she watches, she is not left alone with strangers etc. She is 2.5 years old. Has anyone else's toddler done this?
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Replies (71-80):
EbonySnow
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I think its normal exploration

Cassmom18
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I do not think it is anything to worry about. I would not even call it humping. That is just what she does to sothe herself to sleep. I myself use to have to move up and down on the bed to fall asleep when I was younger and there was nothing inappropiate going on.

Trabrooke
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I think it is normal just exploring 

kearaloves1
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:05 PM

my daughter does this occasionally...but she doesnt do it all hard core...she just does it a few times and stops completely.

fivegirls333
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:11 PM

i have never seen this.

stkirsch
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree I was the same way. It was like rocking myself to sleep.apparently when I am extremely tired I still do it. Lol my husband has pointed it out to mea few times.

Quoting Cassmom18:

I do not think it is anything to worry about. I would not even call it humping. That is just what she does to sothe herself to sleep. I myself use to have to move up and down on the bed to fall asleep when I was younger and there was nothing inappropiate going on.

paganmommy4
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:43 PM

yeah thats pretty normal behavior

pharaoh555
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:15 PM

It feels good no matter how old you are. It is completely normal to explore things like that and I wouldn't worry about it. Be prepared to talk to her about appropriate times and places.

lisavandermark
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:20 PM

This is totally normal! I did it myself when i was 4 years old. I'm now 30 and i remember it very clearly. I felt at that time i was just curious and wanted to know what i had down there and how things worked and felt. So don't ever feel ashammed or worry about it. I never really grew out of it though. I did it my whole life since then until i was older and got into a relationship. Then i stopped. So if your daughter does'nt grow out of it don't worry sometimes they don't. I did'nt. I slowed down and at some points in my life i did'nt do it as often, but i never really all together stopped it. But i'm a very sexual person so maybe that's why. It's all just a part of learning our bodys. ;) 

whisperwhisper
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:46 PM

I did the same thing, and my mother reacted the same way as was suggested here, and I turned out fine.

Quoting Momofmenagerie:

Yes, it's normal. It is mastabatory, but not sexual. She's discovering her body and this feels good. Perfectly normal, just please, no punishment. Just remind her that it's fine but to continue to keep it private.... In her bedroom , with the door closed.

Is this your first child ? This is not anything to make you uncomfortable, and do not inadvertently make her feel
It's wrong.
It's most likely nothing she watched, heard, saw or had done to her. This is exploration, and face it, if it feels good , as mammals , we're gonna do it. Just roll with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)