Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
My daughter is humping her bed to go to sleep. It is very strange and disturbs me a little. Is this normal? We are very careful about what shows she watches, she is not left alone with strangers etc. She is 2.5 years old. Has anyone else's toddler done this?
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Replies (91-100):
mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I agree with the posters its normal don't punish her

suetoo
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Of course it's normal, and do nothing to even hint you don't like this behavior. You don't want to teach your hangups to her. My daughter did the same thing with her baby blanket. When she was maybe 2 1/2, she called it 'tickling my heiney', and we agreed it did feel good and that it was something we did in private. 

AWallewein
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

MrsPeterkin
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:19 PM

My daughters have never humped but i caught my 4 year old touching herself every now and then, little disturbing but I know that she hasnt been around anything that would make it a sexual thing. Just a stage, I guess.

splatz
by Sarah on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I agree with the other ladies that its just a natural phase kids go through. Mine have never done something like that (that I have noticed at least) but I know other kids have. Try not to worry. 

AriannaBadwolf
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 10:19 PM

My boys play in a way that it almost looks like humping things/each other and I kinda feel freaked out, one is five the other almost two. Good to know its not abnormal.

1sttimemom12
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Toddler exploration. Totally normal, momma. Don't worry, it isn't nothing she seen heard or been done to her.   It's jjust a normal phrase thy go through.   I would tell her it's ok jsut not around people and its ok only in her room with the door locked. Whatever you do, don't make her feel like it's bad/wrong and make her feel ashamed by it. It is a stage of develop. I've seen them at that age when on the potty put their fingers *there* because it feels good. Nothing sexual jsut discovering. I told them not to do that in front of people. They grew out of it. The girls are 7 and 3 here. I also watch a 7 yr old boy who also would play with himself around 2-3 yrs old.   It's normal.   

blue123244
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

kids do that nothing to worry about - they are sensual beings and if it feels good they will do it - they just need to be reminded that it is a private thing - One time when I was teaching in preschool a boy shouted, "I love my balls!"  I told him that was great but it was something to keep to himself - so don't worry

TamB71
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:03 PM
My child did this when she was 3-4 years old. She would take ger stuffed aninals and put it in between her legs and rock. I told her it was ok(I was taught touching myself was taboo) but she needs to do this in private. She eventually grew out if it.
SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I haven't experienced that but I do not have any daughters.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN