Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Let's Chat: What's on your mind? Are your kids on summer break?

Welcome to our Tuesday Coffee Break Chat!

Are your kids on summer break yet?
Are they involved in camps or summer activities?

Let's talk! What's on your mind?

on vacation

*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply and respond to them.
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Replies (11-20):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I love to bowl. I wouldve loved bowling lessons.

Is this her first year doing it?

Quoting DanaG70:

Good Morning!

Yes my kids are on summer break, my sons have been for three weeks and my daughters last day was on the 7th of June. She is going to be doing bowling lessons and bowling practice, and hopefully finding a job. We may go to the beach at Lake Michigan a few times and hike some trails.

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Anything part time to make a little bit of money, she's not trying very hard yet. =)

Quoting goddess99:

Good luck to her on the job hunt. What does she want to do?

Quoting DanaG70:

Good Morning!

Yes my kids are on summer break, my sons have been for three weeks and my daughters last day was on the 7th of June. She is going to be doing bowling lessons and bowling practice, and hopefully finding a job. We may go to the beach at Lake Michigan a few times and hike some trails.

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM

No, this will be her 3rd year on the bowling team, she just needs some pointers because the coaches have her all messed up on her approach, anytime we try to correct it they tell her something different, it's really frustrating so we are going to get the local pro to work with her.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Quoting DanaG70:

Good Morning!

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Hope you get to feeling better! It actually got to the 80s here yesterday, I actually had to turn on the A/C!

Quoting goddess99:

My dd is on summer vacation and at summer camp. I'm trying to catch up on some housework, was sick yesterday so not much got done. Looking forward to some summer weather. It's still in the 30s at night here and a high in the low 60s during the day.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Oh that is frustrating. I hope the pro helps her.

Quoting DanaG70:

No, this will be her 3rd year on the bowling team, she just needs some pointers because the coaches have her all messed up on her approach, anytime we try to correct it they tell her something different, it's really frustrating so we are going to get the local pro to work with her.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Quoting DanaG70:

Good Morning!

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:50 AM

A lot of people around here don't even own an AC nor need 1. It does get hot but only for a month or so, fans are all we have. Haven't even hauled them up from the basement yet. I feel better, thank you =)

Quoting DanaG70:

Hope you get to feeling better! It actually got to the 80s here yesterday, I actually had to turn on the A/C!

Quoting goddess99:

My dd is on summer vacation and at summer camp. I'm trying to catch up on some housework, was sick yesterday so not much got done. Looking forward to some summer weather. It's still in the 30s at night here and a high in the low 60s during the day.

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:01 AM

It is and I do too!

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Oh that is frustrating. I hope the pro helps her.

Quoting DanaG70:

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Quoting DanaG70:

Good Morning!

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:03 AM

We very rarely have to use one either, however we were glad we had one when the temps hit in the upper 90s with a heat index of over 100! We usually don't see temps above upper 70s here.

Quoting goddess99:

A lot of people around here don't even own an AC nor need 1. It does get hot but only for a month or so, fans are all we have. Haven't even hauled them up from the basement yet. I feel better, thank you =)

Quoting DanaG70:

Quoting goddess99:

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I hear ya. I'm miserable when it gets too hot.

Quoting DanaG70:

We very rarely have to use one either, however we were glad we had one when the temps hit in the upper 90s with a heat index of over 100! We usually don't see temps above upper 70s here.

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting DanaG70:

Quoting goddess99:

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Good morning.  

My son is in a summer program to help him prepare for Kindergarten.  I love the program.  It is FREE, they serve hot lunch, and have 10 students per teacher.  They provide all the communal supplies.  DS is having a great time so far.

On another note, my new neighbors seemed to have zero interest in a lovely cherry tree that borders our lawn.  i finally worked up the courage to ask them if I could harvest some.  They said I could take ever last cherry, they werent' going to pick them at all!  So I'm making preserves and jam today.  I'm going to give them a jar or two as a thanks, since it is technically their tree.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)