Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Let's Chat: What's on your mind? Are your kids on summer break?

Welcome to our Tuesday Coffee Break Chat!

Are your kids on summer break yet?
Are they involved in camps or summer activities?

Let's talk! What's on your mind?

on vacation

*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply and respond to them.
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Replies (61-70):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow Asia! How exciting. Are they visiting family or just traveling? Is this their first time?

Quoting mommyuch:

my kids are on break now. but they will be gone after next week. they will go traveling with my brother to asia for a  month. yeeeesss, peace and quiet for mom !! hehe

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Oh how fun! My dd would love something like that.

Quoting mrsbarefootsoul:

Yes, my oldest who is 5 is out for summer break, and currently enjoying a horseback riding camp! 

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:12 PM

wow Asia. What a great opportunity for them and You, enjoy the quiet!!

Quoting mommyuch:

my kids are on break now. but they will be gone after next week. they will go traveling with my brother to asia for a  month. yeeeesss, peace and quiet for mom !! hehe

Deannie1258
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:13 PM
No coffee here got a slurpy yayyyyyy
EbonySnow
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter turns 4 on Friday

CalicoMeezer
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Must be nice! We're already in the 90s here in East Texas and have been in upper 80s for weeks.

If I ever win the lottery, I'm buying a summer home where y'all are! Lol

Quoting DanaG70:

We very rarely have to use one either, however we were glad we had one when the temps hit in the upper 90s with a heat index of over 100! We usually don't see temps above upper 70s here.

Quoting goddess99:

A lot of people around here don't even own an AC nor need 1. It does get hot but only for a month or so, fans are all we have. Haven't even hauled them up from the basement yet. I feel better, thank you =)

Quoting DanaG70:

Hope you get to feeling better! It actually got to the 80s here yesterday, I actually had to turn on the A/C!

Quoting goddess99:

My dd is on summer vacation and at summer camp. I'm trying to catch up on some housework, was sick yesterday so not much got done. Looking forward to some summer weather. It's still in the 30s at night here and a high in the low 60s during the day.

CalicoMeezer
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:42 PM

This is my dd at Rangerette Dance Camp. She had a blast, learned a lot, and performed well during their show-off.

This was a one-day camp. She is doing the Summer Reading Program at the local library, and some of the weekly activities that go along, like tye-dyeing tshirts and Friday movies. She'll be visiting my in-laws in Austin for a couple of weeks in July, where she'll do swim lessons.

In August we are going on vacation! We are going to stay at a cabin on Lake Conroe and attend a 3-day sci-fi/fantasy/gaming convention, plus other Houston attractions like NASA and the Downtown Aquarium. The campground has lots to do there too so we are gonna spend time just hanging there too.
CalicoMeezer
by Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:54 PM

P

My sis's MIL bought a bounce house with a water slide and wading pool. The kids (l-r dd, nephew, & niece) were playing and I was joking around with them and slipped and fell. The dogpiled me. Lol
DanaG70
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm originally from SW Kansas, they have temps above 100 all the time! I'm pretty happy here where it's cooler. lol

Quoting CalicoMeezer:

Must be nice! We're already in the 90s here in East Texas and have been in upper 80s for weeks.

If I ever win the lottery, I'm buying a summer home where y'all are! Lol

Quoting DanaG70:

We very rarely have to use one either, however we were glad we had one when the temps hit in the upper 90s with a heat index of over 100! We usually don't see temps above upper 70s here.

Quoting goddess99:

A lot of people around here don't even own an AC nor need 1. It does get hot but only for a month or so, fans are all we have. Haven't even hauled them up from the basement yet. I feel better, thank you =)

Quoting DanaG70:

Hope you get to feeling better! It actually got to the 80s here yesterday, I actually had to turn on the A/C!

Quoting goddess99:

My dd is on summer vacation and at summer camp. I'm trying to catch up on some housework, was sick yesterday so not much got done. Looking forward to some summer weather. It's still in the 30s at night here and a high in the low 60s during the day.

The expert in anything was once a beginner.

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Quoting EbonySnow:

My daughter turns 4 on Friday

Happy Birthday to her!! My second son turned 18 yesterday!!!

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN