Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Let's Chat: What's on your mind? Are your kids on summer break?

Welcome to our Tuesday Coffee Break Chat!

Are your kids on summer break yet?
Are they involved in camps or summer activities?

Let's talk! What's on your mind?

on vacation

*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply and respond to them.
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Replies (91-100):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Oh that sounds perfect. That is going to be so great. You will have to share pictures with us on next Tuesday chat, or sooner if you can.

Quoting EbonySnow:

we're having a big party in the park on Saturday and Friday we're taking her to the zoo, its a little zoo dedicated to local animals 

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

How exciting.

Are  you doing anything fun for her birthday?

Quoting EbonySnow:

My daughter turns 4 on Friday

mrsbarefootsoul
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:38 PM

She absolutely LOVES IT!! I was worried that she wouldn't like it when she found out that horse are actually a ton of hard work, and not just the wind blowing through your hair like in the movies. LOL This is her first year, she just started showing an interest about a month ago, and luckily we found a sweet little old lady with a farm that looks like it was frozen in time 100 years ago offering a riding camp! So far, so good! Really proud of my girl, she's the youngest there and hanging with the best of them! 

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Oh that sounds amazing. My son would love that. Okay, who am I kidding, I would love that..lol

Has he been doing it long or is this the first year?

Quoting mrsbarefootsoul:

Yes, my oldest who is 5 is out for summer break, and currently enjoying a horseback riding camp! 

EbonySnow
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll do that! :)

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Oh that sounds perfect. That is going to be so great. You will have to share pictures with us on next Tuesday chat, or sooner if you can.

Quoting EbonySnow:

we're having a big party in the park on Saturday and Friday we're taking her to the zoo, its a little zoo dedicated to local animals 

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

How exciting.

Are  you doing anything fun for her birthday?

Quoting EbonySnow:

My daughter turns 4 on Friday

Myruhbel
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Yes aAAaaall my kids are out of school. (Lost count of how many i have already) hehe j/k. Ot's quite tough being a sahm dealing w/ a 13 yr old ds, 10 yr old ds, 9 yr old dd, and my 10 month old dd. when all three older ones are fighting w/ each other and the naby is crying. I literally feel like i'm going to kill myself. It was that bad of a day yesterday. But my sweet 10 yr old son is feeding his baby sister while I catch up on sleep. Always helping me the most compared to his siblings. I'm tired and wantin a break. 😔
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:37 PM

That sounds so wonderful. Definitely keep us updated on how she does. Oh and feel free to share pictures here or in next Tuesday chat too!

Quoting mrsbarefootsoul:

She absolutely LOVES IT!! I was worried that she wouldn't like it when she found out that horse are actually a ton of hard work, and not just the wind blowing through your hair like in the movies. LOL This is her first year, she just started showing an interest about a month ago, and luckily we found a sweet little old lady with a farm that looks like it was frozen in time 100 years ago offering a riding camp! So far, so good! Really proud of my girl, she's the youngest there and hanging with the best of them! 

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Oh that sounds amazing. My son would love that. Okay, who am I kidding, I would love that..lol

Has he been doing it long or is this the first year?

Quoting mrsbarefootsoul:

Yes, my oldest who is 5 is out for summer break, and currently enjoying a horseback riding camp! 

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww ((hugs))

I only have 3 but when my older two boys were younger they would constantly bicker back and forth. It used to drive me batty. They did this when my youngest was first born, so it may it that much harder. Sometime mommy just needs some alone time. Thank goodness for your 10 year old helping out.

Quoting Myruhbel:

Yes aAAaaall my kids are out of school. (Lost count of how many i have already) hehe j/k. Ot's quite tough being a sahm dealing w/ a 13 yr old ds, 10 yr old ds, 9 yr old dd, and my 10 month old dd. when all three older ones are fighting w/ each other and the naby is crying. I literally feel like i'm going to kill myself. It was that bad of a day yesterday. But my sweet 10 yr old son is feeding his baby sister while I catch up on sleep. Always helping me the most compared to his siblings. I'm tired and wantin a break. 😔

btherese
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:36 PM

He drives a cab. Better than his previous job being in the heat of the day. Except for all the crazies who sometimes have to get a ride, lol. 

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

I live in Texas so I understand about the heat. My son also plays football so he starts in late July when it is 100 plus degrees.

The waterparks and water pads sound like fun. We have those around here and the kids love them.

What type of job did your husband just start?

Quoting btherese:

This is going to be a long hot summer for our family. I'm so jealous of those who don't have 5+ months of heat! lol!! Seriously, we don't have vacation planned, since hubby began a new job, no time off, so just planning the water park, pool, indoor pool, splash pad park...yeah. And the movies, library, mall, whatever to stay cool. My sons both play football outdoors in this 100+ heat, sometimes it gets to 115 degrees F. Yeah, my life sucks, lol.

booboo575
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 6:36 PM

yes my daughter's on spring break she's going to summer camp.

CalicoMeezer
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Sounds pretty awesome, except the heat. :D Congrats on dh's new job!

Quoting btherese:

This is going to be a long hot summer for our family. I'm so jealous of those who don't have 5+ months of heat! lol!! Seriously, we don't have vacation planned, since hubby began a new job, no time off, so just planning the water park, pool, indoor pool, splash pad park...yeah. And the movies, library, mall, whatever to stay cool. My sons both play football outdoors in this 100+ heat, sometimes it gets to 115 degrees F. Yeah, my life sucks, lol.

btherese
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Quoting CalicoMeezer:

Sounds pretty awesome, except the heat. :D Congrats on dh's new job!

Quoting btherese:

Thank you!

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)