Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

amber teething necklace

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:07 AM
  • 11 Replies
I was thinking about getting one for my 8 month old but I am not sure where to start! I was wondering if any of you mamas have used them? I would like any info that you have and also what website you got it from and will ship to the usa. Thanks ladies!
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:12 AM

I'm not sure what it is??

newmama101812
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Amber is not a “stone” but a natural resin. So as it warms with the body’s natural temperature, amber releases its healing oils (these oils contain succinic acid )which are easily absorbed into the skin and then into the bloodstream. Baltic Amber has some of the highest concentrations of Succinic Acid found in nature, and this is what makes it so special. Succinic Acid is a natural component of plant and animal tissues, and it's presence in the human body is beneficial in many ways.
newmama101812
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Found that on a website lol
CatFishMom
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I got my son's off Amazon.com and just bought another set for the baby Im expecting in a few weeks. They work great. My son hasnt taken his off in about a year, maybe longer. I dont remember when I put it on and stopped removing it.

NocturnesAngel
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Hi :)

If you are using this as a Bracelet or Necklace I would recommend it, but if you are going to use it for your child to place in it's mouth, that I wouldn't recommend.

When you mention teething, I get the vision of a child placing it in his/her mouth.

As long as he/she doesn't bite, chew, lick, etc.; basically as long as you do not allow your child to place the necklace in his/her mouth it should be safe.

I can give you Amber Links if  you would like; on the properties of Amber, itself.

Have a great week hugs

newmama101812
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM
That would be great if you could. I have been doing a little reading but would love more!

Quoting NocturnesAngel:

Hi :)

If you are using this as a Bracelet or Necklace I would recommend it, but if you are going to use it for your child to place in it's mouth, that I wouldn't recommend.

When you mention teething, I get the vision of a child placing it in his/her mouth.

As long as he/she doesn't bite, chew, lick, etc.; basically as long as you do not allow your child to place the necklace in his/her mouth it should be safe.

I can give you Amber Links if  you would like; on the properties of Amber, itself.

Have a great week hugs

newmama101812
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Did you take it off for bed time and naps?

Quoting CatFishMom:

I got my son's off Amazon.com and just bought another set for the baby Im expecting in a few weeks. They work great. My son hasnt taken his off in about a year, maybe longer. I dont remember when I put it on and stopped removing it.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Hmm that's interesting. My dd put everything in her mouth so this is probably something I would not have bought.

Quoting newmama101812:

Amber is not a “stone” but a natural resin. So as it warms with the body’s natural temperature, amber releases its healing oils (these oils contain succinic acid )which are easily absorbed into the skin and then into the bloodstream. Baltic Amber has some of the highest concentrations of Succinic Acid found in nature, and this is what makes it so special. Succinic Acid is a natural component of plant and animal tissues, and it's presence in the human body is beneficial in many ways.

newmama101812
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM
You get them small enough so that they cant get them into their mouth.

Quoting goddess99:

Hmm that's interesting. My dd put everything in her mouth so this is probably something I would not have bought.

Quoting newmama101812:

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Hmm I never heard of them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)