Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

He won't!!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:35 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi moms,

My son 10 1/2 months doesn't want to eat any baby food besides carrots and peas and also the mix veggie on a good day. I am trying to introduce him to different kind of fruits and veggie and his slapping it out my hands. I am trying to have him eat meat next but he doesn't want to take in anything. I gave him spinach and he liked it but it gave him runny BM. Need help on how to introduce him to different food. he hates sweets. So no on the banana and no apples.  I gave him pears he ate a bowl but the next time he didn't want it at all. Am I doing something wrong? 

Mind you his weight and everything is fine the doc said from his last check up but he needs to be on a meal plan to eat more but I can't seem to get one going where we both can agree on. 

Breakfast : milk with cereal 8am

Lunch : Veggie/Formula 11am

Snack : Peach or carrots/ water or juice  ( puree baby food) 2pm

Lunch : Veggie/formula 4pm

Snack: Finger snacks /water or juice ( cheerios)7pm

Dinner : Formula ( bedtime) 10pm 

Does this seem like a good feeding schedule? Please don't judge

by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:40 PM

It seems fine to me. My dd was like that too. One day she liked something, the next she won't touch it. I think that's pretty normal.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Have you tried giving table food yet?

lovemysalior13
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Quoting Janet:

Actually I'm cooking dinner and I'm going to try giving him table food. I pray he likes it

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:18 AM

If he doesn't he will eventually. Keep trying.

Quoting lovemysalior13:

Quoting Janet:

Actually I'm cooking dinner and I'm going to try giving him table food. I pray he likes it

splatz
by Sarah on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Honestly it takes awhile for babies to like some things. I think they say you should offer them the same thing like 5 times or something like that? Try him on table food and see how he does. 

cornillia2013
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:08 AM
I agree with the table food.if he looks at ur plate as if he's interested,maybe he wants something else. I know how frustrating it is.......one day they love it so u buy more,then u feed em n they make a face like saying gross lol. Too cute!! Have u tried mixing rice cereal to thicken it maybe ? Just a tea spoon.
cornillia2013
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Also,yes ur feeding schedule sounds great! Why not try to buy fruits n veggies and blend em? O wait u said u puree...ok good.
villagemamma
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Looks fine to me. DD was particular about baby food as well. i ended up starting to make hers myself and that seemed to work. a little better

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)