Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

People are so inconsiderate! What would you have done?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:30 AM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this

I dropped my son off at Summer School this morning andwas driving back home. There was a mom and daughter on bikes trying to cross the road so I stopped about 50 feet from the stop sign to let them cross. All of a sudden a lady pulls around me and keeps going!!!!

I mean really! I am stopped for pedestrians! If the little girl hadn't gotten across when she did and the vehichle had been going any faster she could have gotten hurt!

I have been in the bicylers shoes before, waiting and waiting to cross the street and no one stops. People are in such big hurries to get to where they are going, thats how accidents happen.

So I took her liscence plate down and called her in. Would you have done the same?

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saraewhite
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:02 AM

BUMP!

saraewhite
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:02 AM

BUMP!

saraewhite
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:09 AM

BUMP!

MumsTheWord571
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:11 AM
They should have crossed at the stop sign. Much safer. But people do drive like maniacs.
freedomathome4u
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:29 AM

You are so right for calling it in Sara... I would have done the same.

I hope the police atleast talked to the maniac so she will slow down.

That couldve easily have been her child but some people do not think that way... just in a hurry to get where they are going :(

rzmamma
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:19 AM
  • Inconsiderate drivers irritate me too! The bike riders should use the crosswalks for their own safety, but it amazes me how many people lack common courtesy when behind the wheel of a vehicle. Glad to hear the girl was okay.
saraewhite
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:28 AM

They did cross at the stop sign

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

They should have crossed at the stop sign. Much safer. But people do drive like maniacs.

saraewhite
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:29 AM

They were crossing at the stop sign. I just stopped a ways before the stop sign so that they knew I was letting them cross.

Quoting rzmamma:

Inconsiderate drivers irritate me too! The bike riders should use the crosswalks for their own safety, but it amazes me how many people lack common courtesy when behind the wheel of a vehcicle. Glad to hear the girl was okay.

saraewhite
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Exactly! People don't think about these kinds of things until it is their child and then it's the most important thing in the world.

Quoting freedomathome4u:

You are so right for calling it in Sara... I would have done the same.

I hope the police atleast talked to the maniac so she will slow down.

That couldve easily have been her child but some people do not think that way... just in a hurry to get where they are going :(

MumsTheWord571
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Yikes. I thought that you meant that they crossed 50 feet before the stop sign! That woman is nuts then! Glad they're okay!

Quoting saraewhite:

They did cross at the stop sign

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN