Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People are so inconsiderate! What would you have done?

Posted by   + Show Post

I dropped my son off at Summer School this morning andwas driving back home. There was a mom and daughter on bikes trying to cross the road so I stopped about 50 feet from the stop sign to let them cross. All of a sudden a lady pulls around me and keeps going!!!!

I mean really! I am stopped for pedestrians! If the little girl hadn't gotten across when she did and the vehichle had been going any faster she could have gotten hurt!

I have been in the bicylers shoes before, waiting and waiting to cross the street and no one stops. People are in such big hurries to get to where they are going, thats how accidents happen.

So I took her liscence plate down and called her in. Would you have done the same?

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Replies (31-39):
nurse1997
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:31 PM

People are rude all over but I speak up and I will call u on it !

Diane1223
by Member on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:14 PM
I would not have gone as far as to call in her license plate, but she was wrong...
SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:46 PM
I wouldn't have done anything but that is very bad on the part of that driver :(.
Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:55 PM
I walk Jericho everyday to his new school or at least I did during the school. We had to cross the street the school is at the end of twice a day. We would be at the stop sign which has a clearly marked crosswalk. We would walk across the street then turn left to continue to the school. On an almost twice daily basis a car traveling the same direction we were (remember we have a stop sign so they do too) would turn left in front of us. Everyone knows the person going straight has the right of way over someone going left. Not only that but pedestrians have the right of way in cross walks. I have been tempted to do the same and you know I just may next year. I may also say something about the crossing gaurds making 10 to 20 kids wait to cross into the building while they let car after car after car turn in. That sh@t really irks me.
Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:22 AM
I thought that was the LAW, like, EVERYWHERE. I mean that is what I grew up seeing people do, what I was taught in driver's ed and what I have always done.
Quoting Crafty8852:

The city near me has a pedestrian law, and signs all over about it. It's required to stop anytime a pedestrian is in the crosswalk. I think that's why I get nervous whenever I see people standing and waiting to cross the street. 

Crafty8852
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:59 AM

I agree, that's what we're taught in driver's ed, but the main road here is 4 lanes wide at 40mph and if a pedestrian just walks out from behind a car parked on the side of the road, it's tough to see them. I stopped one time and a car next to me kept going so I blasted my horn and he almost hit the guy walking. It takes some common sense from the drivers and pedestrians as well. It was crazy! 

Quoting Jerichos_Mommy:

I thought that was the LAW, like, EVERYWHERE. I mean that is what I grew up seeing people do, what I was taught in driver's ed and what I have always done.
Quoting Crafty8852:

The city near me has a pedestrian law, and signs all over about it. It's required to stop anytime a pedestrian is in the crosswalk. I think that's why I get nervous whenever I see people standing and waiting to cross the street. 

prieta05
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:08 AM
I hate that where i live theres always people crossing the street when they shouldn't.. Its always black people" i never have had nothing against them but this people here makes me just wanna run them all over, also too they let their small children cross the street or unattended to the point where their children are always running to the other side from nowhere. Then when you let people pass they walk slower then a turtle.
Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this
We are in a smaller city (I say town). We cross one main road. It is two lanes, speed limit 35 but in the school zone so it has flashing lights and 25 mph when we cross. We never have any trouble there. Then there are two neighborhood streets, it is the second of the two where people are always turning left in front of pedestrians crossing straight. I agree that both driver's and pedestrians need to watch out for the other
Quoting Crafty8852:

I agree, that's what we're taught in driver's ed, but the main road here is 4 lanes wide at 40mph and if a pedestrian just walks out from behind a car parked on the side of the road, it's tough to see them. I stopped one time and a car next to me kept going so I blasted my horn and he almost hit the guy walking. It takes some common sense from the drivers and pedestrians as well. It was crazy! 

Quoting Jerichos_Mommy:

Quoting Crafty8852:

Sister_Someone
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:27 PM

As a fellow bicycle rider, I always stop when I'm driving and notice pedestrians or bikers waiting to pass. For the same reason I don't walk on the bike lane, because it pisses me off when I'm on my bike and have to do a slalom around all the illiterate people who don't understand what a freaking sign with a bike on it means.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)