Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

whats it like having an epidural vs natural child birth?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:40 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have two babies and both were all natural water births? I am just curious about mothers who have experiences epidurals and what there pains were like, What they felt.. what they didnt. 

And those of you who have tried both.. what did you find different and which did you prefer?

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lucyblue202
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:44 PM

bump

breebree04
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:27 PM

My ds (first baby) I went natural and with my dd I had the epidural. I think there is pros and cons to both ways but I think I would do the epidural if I ever had another one. With my ds I was so exhausted I didnt get to enjoy the birth or the baby after the birth. I was so out of it, I remember the drs mouth moving but not being able to comprehend what he was saying. When I had the epidural with my dd, I got to enjoy the whole labor and delivery and enjoy the time I get to spend with her right after.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:57 PM
I didn't feel anything until it wore off. But once the morphine kicked in I was good, never felt the pain again. I had a csection.
MrsKaufold1990
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I had an epidural. 

And it helped labor a lot, I was progressing, but slowly. I got my epi, and with in two hours I was ready to push, and I ended up falling asleep for two hours. 

I still felt pressue and pain though. 

I would say get the epi. 

connie45
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Loved the epidural!

Im no hero.

And Im OK with that.

BrookeAraiza
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I had an epidural but since I had her in a military hospital they didnt have any rooms available for me until i was 7 cm so i had my epidural for a while even after i gave birth.. i do not regret it at all! obviously the pain of natural birth would have been so worth it, but with the epidural i was able to really really enjoy my birthing experience, before i got the epidural i didnt want to talk to anyone i didnt want to be touched because of the pain.. after the epidural i was able to talk to my family and friends and fully cooperate with the doctors! <3

KymberleeAnn
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Natural, it was very painful but at least you are awake and alert and can start feeding your baby breast milk right away. I loved it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN