Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Working from home...

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:49 PM
  • 8 Replies
So another thread has actually inspired me to start this one...
For those of you mothers and other ladies that work from home.....what do you do? How did you get started? I'm looking to do something from home myself...
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
musicNcaffeine
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:54 PM

If it's the thread I think it is, she is asking for a burden.

It really depends if you are looking to turn a profit or just have some funny money. As well as how social you are. I started selling Avon a year ago. I know no one though. I have 4 customers. lol This month I started making jewelry. That seems to be taking off a bit better. Avon had a cheap and easy start up. Jewelry took a little investing. I would like to turn the jewelry in to profit over time.

rosiemarie
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM
I used to have a girls hair accessory business. I was on the Internet and is craft shows. People expected everything to be a buck like those ones from china that they sell on the Internet.
Between the quality of ribbon to the time and care that went in I could never sell my creations for a buck.......
I'm just looking for some fun money really

Quoting musicNcaffeine:

It really depends if you are looking to turn a profit or just have some funny money. As well as how social you are. I started selling Avon a year ago. I know no one though. I have 4 customers. lol This month I started making jewelry. That seems to be taking off a bit better. Avon had a cheap and easy start up. Jewelry took a little investing. I would like to turn the jewelry in to profit over time.

splatz
by Sarah on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:05 PM

My friend is dealing with the same thing. She has had her business for several years now. Shes set up in several shops and often works in a booth at the mall as well as her website. But, its hard to keep up when China cheapies are taking over! 

Quoting rosiemarie:

I used to have a girls hair accessory business. I was on the Internet and is craft shows. People expected everything to be a buck like those ones from china that they sell on the Internet.
Between the quality of ribbon to the time and care that went in I could never sell my creations for a buck.......

Quoting musicNcaffeine:

musicNcaffeine
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:05 PM

You could go back in to that... Or even expand on it. Etsy and storenvy are awesome. Maybe post a video of the ribbon you use etc.

Quoting rosiemarie:

Quoting musicNcaffeine:

rosiemarie
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:09 PM
I was in etsy......you knowI I could make some stuff and post I have tons of ribbon.....tax question....doea anyone know how that works I you sell on etsy!?

Quoting musicNcaffeine:

You could go back in to that... Or even expand on it. Etsy and storenvy are awesome. Maybe post a video of the ribbon you use etc.

Quoting rosiemarie:

Quoting musicNcaffeine:

musicNcaffeine
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:12 PM

They send you a statement at the end of the year. Haven't had to file since I began. But it should not be too hard. Depnds how you do taxes I suppose.

Quoting rosiemarie:

I was in etsy......you knowI I could make some stuff and post I have tons of ribbon.....tax question....doea anyone know how that works I you sell on etsy!?

Quoting musicNcaffeine:

Quoting rosiemarie:

Quoting musicNcaffeine:

villagemamma
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I sell childrens clothes online. It started when i was getting rid of my daughters old stuff. I have been doing it about 3 years

MichelleMc
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I work for newcorp.com I take inbound phone calls. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN