Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How far along were you before you chose baby names?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:55 PM
  • 41 Replies

Did you choose early on in the pregnancy, after you found out gender, or closer to delivery?

Sarah: Mommy to 2 little monsters. ♥ Mom to Mom Group Mod.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:52 PM

I knew I was having a girl and it was before my bedrest so it must have been late 2nd trimester.

Michaelsmom0522
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Knew his first name before I was pregnant but didn't settle on a middle name til he was 2 days old.
Bookwormy
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:49 PM
We chose before i was pregnant or right when i got pregnant, both secular & religious (Jewish), girl & boy. Then, when i was violently ill & exhausted during the 1st trimester DW changed the secular 1st names! The girl name ended up being better, but i would have fought her if we were having a boy. We had a girl! So her first secular name was chosen 8 or more weeks into the pregnancy. Her secular middle name & her religious name were chosen earlier.
Karopie_99
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:20 PM
With my son and dd, it was a toss up before I found out. Once I found out within a week they had their names! With my other dd dad didn't finally agree on a name till he was forced by his family because they wanted a name for the shower! And this baby, were team green and don't have a solid boy or girl name. I'm 21.4weeks along. So we still have time. But I'd like to have somethinf before birth. As I would rather spend my time bonding with baby rather than stressing what to name it
squeekers
“The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.”— Richard David Bach (born 1936) Writer
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:32 PM

my bestest friend in high school, she & I, our Junior year, put our heads together and decided if we ever had baby girls we would name them a specific first & middle name. And then we graduated, and time went by......

22 yrs later, we found each other again, on Facebook and in the conversation of children, we both named our first born girls the name we chose in 1987. Each of us tweaked it slightly to fit us but the names are said aloud the same way.

mamalynnsmith
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 12:35 PM

We did not have a name for neither of my 2 boys until the day they where born and we could see them

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Early on

1boy1girlmama
by New Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:20 PM

We decided for sure after we knew the gender for my DS. We decided on his name when I was about 8 months prego or so. When he came out I didn't think he looked anything like the name I picked and it took a while for him to grow into it. 

With my DD we had a hard time agreeing on anything. Plus I didn't want her to come out and not look like the name we picked. We had 3 names picked out for her, then waited until she was born to decide. She didn't have a name for about 24hrs. because we just couldn't decide! Her name suits her :) 

To_the_moon
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:35 PM
We had names picked both times when we found out we were expecting.
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Ali-01
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I knew m/f name by 12 wks. And I found out the sex at 19wks and he was named.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN