Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Now that I'm a parent...

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM
  • 31 Replies

What have you learned and learned to accept since becoming a parent?

by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:37 PM

The house will never be clean or organized totally, and for those who suceed to do this well they must have LOTS of time our have hired someone lol!

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:38 PM

After age 2 you pretty much have to suck it up and pay for your kid to eat out at restraunts too...no more sharing lol!

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:39 PM

That no matter how much it bothers you at first, ordering a hot dog or grilled cheese for your child off the over priced menu us just how life is and a gaurantee your kid will actually eat! And once you come to terms with that one day paying $5 for a grilled cheese will sound ok bc you did not have to cook it!

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Icy pops are just a bad idea inside the house!

Pammi86
by Pamela on Jun. 20, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Breastfeeding in public is just something everyone will have to get over!

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:57 PM

No matter what, my idea of clean and my dd's idea of clean are two different things.

squeekers
β€œThe bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.”— Richard David Bach (born 1936) Writer
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

while your child is under 10 yrs of age, dont just assume wearing white clothing to stay white.

always know where you child is, but have a nickname to call them in large stores so any random badguys cannot also call your child by first name.

tell your child over and over and over again, then tell them again & again & again that they can tell you anything. NO secrets. there are giggle secrets between friends and then there are secrets moms & dads should be told. if it makes them feel funny/bad, it's a secret not to be kept.

gum can be cut from hair, peanut butter can be cut from hair. marker can be cut from hair. hair grows back.

Crafty8852
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Yup, this one sucked. Especially since dd doesn't eat a lot lol.

Quoting Pammi86:

After age 2 you pretty much have to suck it up and pay for your kid to eat out at restraunts too...no more sharing lol!

splatz
by Sarah on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:16 AM
My house will never be clean again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:16 AM
Moms need time outs too. Even better if they include chocolate. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN