Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Have you watched this video yet?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:44 PM
  • 7 Replies

How do you feel about this video? Have you or someone you know (or have known) ever been abused?

I'm sure plenty of you have read the facts. But if this helps even one person its worth posting. I don't think people really realize how common domestic violence is. 

• One in four women will be abused by their partner at some point in their life
  • An estimated 1.3 million women experience domestic violence each year in the U.S.
  • One in six women have been raped by an intimate partner at some point in their lives
  • One in twelve women have been stalked in their lives
  • Only 14% of domestic violence incidents are ever reported to the police
  • In Philadelphia in 2006, there were 71,350 incidents of domestic abuse in which police were involved. If this represents only 14% of all domestic violence incidents, than the total number of incidents would be 509,642
  • Women who leave abusers are at a 75% greater chance of being killed by the abuser than those who stay.
  • Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women ages 15 – 44
  • Between 30 and 60% of domestic violence perpetrators also abuse children in the household
  • Children witnessing domestic violence between parents or caregivers is the single strongest risk factor for participating in an abusive relationship as an adult, whether as victim or abuser
  • Domestic violence costs the U.S. over $5.8 billion each year in lost wages and medical costs

For support and more information please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or at TTY 1-800-787-3224.

Sarah: Mommy to 2 little monsters. ♥ Mom to Mom Group Mod.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:14 PM

What a piece of shit! Idk anyone abused to that level.

Crafty8852
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I've known women in crappy relationships, most of them more mental abuse than physical. It's sickening how some people act and treat others.

splatz
by Sarah on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:11 AM
CM ate.my response darn it!

I feel so bad for that woman. The emotional scars are bad enough. I can't imagine how hard it is for her to look in the mirror every day and have to be reminded of what he did. :(

Quoting goddess99:

What a piece of shit! Idk anyone abused to that level.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this
It is sickening. Usually it starts off as mental and eventually progresses to physical and other types of abuse. Its easier for an abuser to "break the person down" with emotional abuse before things really get bad. :(

Quoting Crafty8852:

I've known women in crappy relationships, most of them more mental abuse than physical. It's sickening how some people act and treat others.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:16 PM

bump

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:01 PM

That is just horrible.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:46 PM

How awful!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)