Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What are your plans for today and the weekend?

How's the weather?

moms rock

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Replies (31-36):
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Peppermint Patty Pie

Crust

1 ½ c chocolate mint sandwich cookie crumbs (about 14 cookies)

¼ c unsalted butter, melted.

Filling

2½ cups whole milk

2/3 c sugar

¼ c cornstarch

2 egg yolks

1 egg

1 c bittersweet chocolate chips

1 t vanilla extract

½ t peppermint extract

Topping

1½ cups heavy whipping cream, chilled

1 T sugar

½ t vanilla extract

8 small peppermint patties (about 1 inch)

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Combine crust ingredients in medium bowl until moistened. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake 4 to 5 minutes or until slightly set. (Crust will be moist but will dry and continue to set during cooling.) Cool completely on wire rack.

2. Heat milk in medium saucepan over medium heat until small bubbles form around edge. Meanwhile, whisk 2/3 cup sugar, cornstarch, egg yolks, and egg in large bowl until smooth. Slowly pour hot milk into egg mixture, whisking constantly. Return mixture to saucepan; cook 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat or until mixture thickens and boils, whisking constantly. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate chips, 1 t vanilla extract and peppermint extract until melted and smooth, immediately pour into crust; smooth top. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight until set.

3. Beat cream, 1 T sugar and ½ t vanilla at medium-high speed until firm peaks form. Spread over filling; garnish with peppermint patties. Store in refrigerator.

PER SERVING: 640 calories, 39.5 g total fat (24g saturated fat), 7.5 g protein, 67 g carbohydrate, 155 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 2.5 g fiber.

TIP: Pulse chooclate mint sanwich cookies in food processor or place in plastic bag and crush with rolling pin.

Quoting goddess99:

That would be great!!

Quoting Basherte:

I can post the recipe if you want me to.

Quoting goddess99:

Oooh I hope it turns out for you =) Sounds good!!!

Quoting Basherte:

The weather is gorgeous.

I plan on playing tons this weekend. I also plan on making a peppermint patty pie today. :) (From scratch)

CafeMom Tickers
goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 22, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Oh that sounds really good! Tfs =)

Quoting Basherte:

Peppermint Patty Pie

Crust

Filling

2½ cups whole milk

2/3 c sugar

¼ c cornstarch

2 egg yolks

1 egg

1 t vanilla extract

½ t peppermint extract

Topping

1 T sugar

½ t vanilla extract

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Combine crust ingredients in medium bowl until moistened. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake 4 to 5 minutes or until slightly set. (Crust will be moist but will dry and continue to set during cooling.) Cool completely on wire rack.

2. Heat milk in medium saucepan over medium heat until small bubbles form around edge. Meanwhile, whisk 2/3 cup sugar, cornstarch, egg yolks, and egg in large bowl until smooth. Slowly pour hot milk into egg mixture, whisking constantly. Return mixture to saucepan; cook 4 to 5 minutes over medium heat or until mixture thickens and boils, whisking constantly. Remove from heat; stir in chocolate chips, 1 t vanilla extract and peppermint extract until melted and smooth, immediately pour into crust; smooth top. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight until set.

3. Beat cream, 1 T sugar and ½ t vanilla at medium-high speed until firm peaks form. Spread over filling; garnish with peppermint patties. Store in refrigerator.

PER SERVING: 640 calories, 39.5 g total fat (24g saturated fat), 7.5 g protein, 67 g carbohydrate, 155 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 2.5 g fiber.

TIP: Pulse chooclate mint sanwich cookies in food processor or place in plastic bag and crush with rolling pin.

Quoting goddess99:

That would be great!!

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting Basherte:

The weather is gorgeous.

I plan on playing tons this weekend. I also plan on making a peppermint patty pie today. :) (From scratch)

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 22, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Going swimming everyday sounds awesome! Have fun!! scuba

Quoting lizard3731:

Swimming. It's how my 4 year old thinks we should spend every day. It's 91° here today, so swimming sounds good to me!

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jun. 22, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I think so too. I got this recipe from cookingclub magazine.

Their magazines are full of recipes. If you've seen the Spinach mozzarella stuffed burgers, thyme roasted broccoli and cauliflower with lemon salt... I got those there as well. I've made those already. They turned out wonderfully.

One magazine also had vampire cupcakes, and cheesy toes with stinky dip for halloween. It was a cheese cracker in the shape of a toe, with an almond sliver for a toe nail, and very aromatic dip to go with it. Was really yummy.

The vampire cupcake recipe ... also had the icing from scratch. So easy to do.

Turned out great.

(gonna sound like an ad for them here but..) it's only 24 dollars for 2 years worth of magazines, and free total access to their site, plus chances to win stuff for the kitchen, plus gifts for when you sign up, plus the ability to test products and keep them. It's pretty awesome.

Quoting goddess99:

Oh that sounds really good! Tfs =)

Quoting Basherte:

Peppermint Patty Pie

Crust

Filling

2½ cups whole milk

2/3 c sugar

¼ c cornstarch

2 egg yolks

1 egg

1 t vanilla extract

½ t peppermint extract

Topping

1 T sugar

½ t vanilla extract

Quoting goddess99:

That would be great!!

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting goddess99:

Quoting Basherte:

The weather is gorgeous.

CafeMom Tickers
SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this

It was a great weekend, don't want it to end!

Diane1223
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 9:05 AM

WIC appt. at 9:30

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)