Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Feeling Lonely

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:36 AM
  • 16 Replies

I am a new mother of a 6 month old baby girl....I love being a stay at home mom and I know what I am doing is very important work, however I can't help but get lonely sometimes.....does anybody else feel this way?

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:47 AM

When you're lonely you'll have to come on CafeMom and talk to us. =)

SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:49 AM
I felt that way at first until I started connecting with other moms and becoming active in my community. Have you looked into a play group?
kbutton24
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Yes! Dd is 11 months old. I try to keep us busy, but its hard sometimes. Where are you from?
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:24 AM

It happens to me from time to time.

Shelly126
by Michele on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Join a mommy and me class, gymboree or go to story time @ your local library. Take walks to the playground even though she isn't old enough to enjoy "playing" in one yet, you will likely see other moms and be able to chat a bit.
Start some projects in your house you always wanted to do but never had time, although you have a baby, devoting even an hour a day can make some big changes given time.
My house was always neat and organized, but I took organization to another level since becoming a SAHM, now all the closets have organizers, things are labeled and put away more efficiently, even the garage is beautifully organized!
I like cooking and take time to try new recipes, clean as I go so the house is always clean and nothing builds up and becomes an overwhelming chore.
Besides meeting new people and getting out daily, it helps to have things to do in your home so you don't feel lonely when you are indoors on those inevitable inclement days or if the baby gets sick.
I also tried some new hobbies, scrap booking, crafting, or even just organizing photos into photo albums or frames to make a collage.
Even just sitting outside in the sunshine makes me feel good especially with a good book!
splatz
by Sarah on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:04 PM

I think its normal being a SAHM. See if your local library offers story time or other things to get you both out of the house. :)

DsnyGrl
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Thanks everybody for your feedback......it is very helpful and it helps to know you all know exactly what I am feeling :-)

Thanks Shelly126.....I def have plenty of projects I can do around the house...we just moved into a new house a month ago

Thanks again everybody

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:26 PM

CafeMom  helps too.

Mbpeaceful12
by Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Janet:

CafeMom  helps too.

O.P.,

Janet and the other member are right. Yes, CafeMom does help, but please do not go to My Confessions. The sharks there will feed on you if you're a stay-at-home mom, working mother, believe in vaccination, do not believe in vaccination, vegan or meat-eater, post pictures of your children (there were some posts where the women actually talked horribly about other women's children and have the nerve to get mad if there is a rebuttal) and the list goes on. Find supportive and drama-free groups and stick to those.

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Yup. That's one reason I'm addicted to this site.I also try to get out and do things or stay in contact with friends
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN