Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

From SAHM to WPTM.........

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:25 AM
  • 8 Replies

Just wondering if anyone else has felt this way....

I was a stay at home mom for 7 years. Five of those years I went to school online to obtain my Associates and then Bachelors.

I was unable to obtain a job in my field so I started waitressing here in my town PT until my YO starts Kindergarten.

While I was a SAHM and going to school I never had any issues keeping my house clean and meals cooked. Now that I am working PT it seems it takes every little oz of me to get the house clean. Sometimes I won't do anything with it for 2-3 days.

Anyone else find it more difficult to keep up with the house while you work?

by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
saraewhite
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:45 AM

BUMP!

4kidsmommy
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:08 AM

You might want to consider making a schedule of what to clean on the days off.been there and doing that now. Thank goodness I don't work on the weekends. I split the major cleaning in two days. But I do it early in the mornings, so I can spend the rest of the day with the hubby and kiddos. Laundry is one in the morning and twice at night. Everyday. Good luck.

saraewhite
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 10:17 AM

I work M, Th, Fr and every other weekend. I don't usually go in until 4 pm and then work until 10:30-11pm. I usually get up around 6:30-7. There are days I wake up and feel wonderful and don't have a problem cleaning and then there are days I wake up and feel so tired and lazy and don't do anything. Those days are more than the others.

I have tried the schedule thing before and it works for about a week and then blah. My main thing is keeping it clean once it is clean.

Quoting 4kidsmommy:

You might want to consider making a schedule of what to clean on the days off.been there and doing that now. Thank goodness I don't work on the weekends. I split the major cleaning in two days. But I do it early in the mornings, so I can spend the rest of the day with the hubby and kiddos. Laundry is one in the morning and twice at night. Everyday. Good luck.

saraewhite
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM

BUMP!

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:28 PM

bump

SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:29 AM

I can see how this would happen.  It has to be hard to work and then come home and clean as well as all the other responsibilities of mothering.

saraewhite
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Technically I have all day to clean. I do not go in until 4 pm and get home around 11 pm. Go to bed around 11:30 pm and get up at 6:30. I just find when I get up I am  so sleepy that it takes me half of the day to wake up and am just in such a blah mood, cleaning is the last thing on my mind.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I can see how this would happen.  It has to be hard to work and then come home and clean as well as all the other responsibilities of mothering.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I understand it. I am a SAHM. So I am no help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN