Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Getting up early...

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 6:15 PM
  • 14 Replies

So, I got a babysitting gig! The bad thing is I have to be there at 7:30 and I live 30 mins away from the person's house...which means I have to get up at 6:00 am. URG! I am not a morning person. Well, luckily, there won't be a lot of traffic at that hour.

The major issue will be coming home. I'll be getting off at about 4:00 that evening. Traffic is really heavy at that time of the evening. 0.0  Wish me luck. The pay is pretty good. It's about 125-150 a week...which is awesome! It's mainly just for the summer though so after the first week of August, I'll have to find something else to do

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:26 PM

I get up at 3am for work everyday.

JenniferMiller0
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Oh my god! Where on earth do you work? LOL. I think getting up THAT early would kill me.!

Quoting MistressMinerva:

I get up at 3am for work everyday.

CafeMom Tickers
Squirrel1309
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I was never an early riser until my little boy took to getting up at 5 am... Now 6:30 is sleeping in! :) Good luck!

JenniferMiller0
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Oh wow. My son did that for a while when he was young. >.>  I used to have to get up at 5:30 when I was in school cause the bus would run at 6:30. So getting up early isn't that foreign to me...I just haven't had to get up that early in a while!

Quoting Squirrel1309:

I was never an early riser until my little boy took to getting up at 5 am... Now 6:30 is sleeping in! :) Good luck!

CafeMom Tickers
splatz
by Sarah on Jun. 23, 2013 at 8:49 PM

No fun getting up early! Will you spend the majority of your earnings on gas to get to and from though?

JenniferMiller0
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:27 PM

It shouldn't. Our van is pretty good with gas. $10 will be enough to get me there and back plus there the next day. Once my FIL gets his check on the 3rd, we'll have more gas in it.

Quoting splatz:

No fun getting up early! Will you spend the majority of your earnings on gas to get to and from though?

CafeMom Tickers
tifftaff04
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!! I am not a morning person either and working from 7 am to 3 pm with a kid was not easy.  Hope all goes well and just remember this phrase if you find yourself hitting the snooze a lot before waking up, "A rough start to the morning is better than no start." 

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Good luck. I hate mornings too.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jun. 23, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Good Luck
SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Congrats on the job!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN