Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Fearing I'll be alone

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:33 AM
  • 44 Replies
I'm 6.5wks pregnant& I've been feeling so agitated & aggravated &depressed with everything& the father of my child doesn't care just calls/texts his ex & yells at me..I'm scared I might go through this alone I just don't know what's happening with all this aggravation. And crying..I need advice
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I would get rid of the boyfriend and talk to your doctor about depression. Good luck.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Do you have family and close friends?

splatz
by Sarah on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Its really hard to go through alone. The crying is totally understandable while pregnant. If he doesn't want to be a part of his childs life then you are probably better off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 2:28 PM
I'm sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DsnyGrl
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:42 PM

I know that in the begining of my pregnancy my hormones were all over the place.....it took until my second trimester to feel somewhat "normal" again.......but it seems like you have some outside stressers going on.....It's important to try and keep your life as peaceful as possible durring this time....I don't really have any advise for you.......I can just say to try and keep your life as simple and calm as possible right now....but that is way easier said than done :-)

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:43 PM

im sorry

mrskathleen
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 4:56 PM

i know that u feel alome get a hobby and keep busy ASK ur dr for sme meds  you will never be alone again  your friends will hwlp and how about family ..they will be thtilled  If he doesn t s traighten up and love u get  rid of himmrs donahuebaby gift

amberwaves88
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:31 PM
3 moms liked this

i was alone until the third trimester of my pregnancy. i was miserable, to say the LEAST. the crying, worrying, anxiety, more crying, just going through everything literally ALONE made me hurt everyday. the father never wanted to talk with me on the phone, he lived in California, and I live on the east coast. He didnt want to hear me out or understand how miserable i really was. All the special holidays were spent alone..well..with my mother and sister...but you know. HE wasnt there. I kept feeling like everyone was judging me..because there I was sticking out pregnant and everytime someone asked me where the father was I felt like becoming invisible if possible. Just having to go through that in a time where you'd expect to be bonding with the man is pretty rough, mama. If there's any words of advice I can give you, it's this: If he is putting you through this right now, what do you think he will do later when the baby is here? Do yall have a plan of any kind? If you already feel like you might just be alone through the rest of this, then PLEASE please PLEASE save yourself any extra pain, and start building your own plan and confidence into single motherhood. I know that sounds devastating. It is when youre pregnant. But when that baby comes, if he cant be on your team and help you especially in that first month..which will say it all actually...then you might want to reconsider his presence. the father of my child didnt like to hold DS because he was always too busy playing computer games. That was our relationship. Real winner huh? He talked to other girls, but when I stopped caring about him, I quit caring who he talked to. That's not a man. You're a woman going through such a transition, and he needs to man up and be there for you no matter what your request is. You're pregnant. HE needs to respect you just a little more right now. its hard to get those boys to do the right thing. I kicked mine out. I LOVE being a single mom!!!!

dreamalong
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I would take the initiative and leave him; does his behavior show that he will be a good father?  Does your child deserve this guy as a role model????   When you are having a child, you cannot think about yourself first, you have to think about the good of your child.   You either need understanding from your partner or you are better off alone!!!  Find a different support system -- friends, church, family, anyone but a guy who fails to show commitment to you and his child!  It's better to be alone than in this stressful situation with this guy!

OR, if you choose to stay, than you are choosing this kind of life!

If you choose to stay, stop feeling sorry for yourself, you are choosing to be treated this way and for your child to be raised in this situation!  STOP the pity party, make good decisions for your child and get on with it!

connie45
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Iam hoping that you earning your own way and have family support.

This idiot is trouble and not ready to be in a committed relationship let alone care for an innocent child.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)