Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! Are you for or against labor unions? DH's new job will have one

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:34 PM
  • 8 Replies

DH is about to get a job that has a union.

I have heard so many differing opions.  Would love to hear from anyone who has lived with a union job.

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
OliviasMommy611
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:09 PM
For
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 6:09 PM
My dh? Against
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:32 PM

My dh is against unions, I have no opinion, never had to deal with it and likely never will.

btherese
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:50 PM

My ex (sons' dad) was union for over 40 years, my husband, totally against them in the last 20 years, but in his new job, he signed on for very good reasons and I'm good with it.

opal10161973
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:07 PM

My Mom worked at a hospital that went union while she was working there and her pay increased over $20/hour.  No kidding.  They really treat nurses like crap down here in FL.  She was glad they were finally paying a living wage to professionals. 

connie45
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:50 PM
Some industries really have a need for.a union. Most do not need them anymore. In my opinion. And I have first hand experience with both.

Remember, a Union, is a business and needs to make money to survive. Employees pay that price. A union cannot guarantee you a job.
splatz
by Sarah on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:47 AM

For my SO his union is very good job security. He gets good benefits and good pay. Which is hard to find around here. So we are for it. 

lizard3731
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:53 PM

While I think unions have outlived their usefulness, I'm not violently opposed to them.  I'd do what I had to, so I could support my family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)