Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Would you allow your child to have plastic surgery?

Posted by   + Show Post

A 16 year old girl is having a face lift to help correct a disfigurement left by a genetic condition.

Although the facelift is to fix the disfigurement, it has caused a bit of controversy about somone so young having 'unnecessary' cosmetic surgery.

Would you allow your child to have cosmetic surgery in any instance?

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Replies (41-50):
saraadria
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:11 PM

If it was to fix a disfigurement and match the other side of her face instead of look like Barbie, hell yeah I'd let her get the surgery!  Teenagers have enough to worry about besides being made fun of for things they can't control day in and day out!!!

MichelleMc
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Disfigurement, accident or defect yes. Otherwise NO. LIke ears pinning, Nose jobs, etc. No. As others said they might grow into them, it might just be part of them, etc. Kids will find something else, so you can't go through surgery just to hope someone won't tease you. I forget right now, but someone famous mother died from basic plastic surgery that was low risk. No thank you. 

I have freckles, and BAD. I hated them so bad. If I didn't get the lets play dot to dot, I got the back of the horse jokes to the point I just wanted to scream, but now, I love my freckles because they make me unique & I could care less. I won't wear make up to hide them, and they are surely me. 

If they want something changed, they can do it as an adult at their own choice. 

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jun. 25, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I agree.

Quoting Night_Roane:

If it was to fix a defect or something caused in an accident I would. If DD just didn't like her nose or something I wouldn't allow it.

HeatherGandJ
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:28 PM

it would depend on how disfiguring the condition is, and how much it is impacting his or her life and self-concept.  

sissy502
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:03 PM

It would have to be to correct a birth defect or a disfigurement caused by some accident.

If DD wanted a boob or nose job.... no way!!

When she is an adult & can pay for it herself, if she wants cosmetic surgery... then it's her choice.

dmj8162
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I cannot believe this. I would never condone any of my children to have something so unatural done to them! The media in and of itself has the capactity to poision the minds of our children, teaching them that something is wrong with them and they need to be fixed. I also blame parents that fall for the superficial. That really hits home for me because my daughters are babies right now but it sure does scare me. It scares me because that means by the time the next 16 years come around how early will they consider plastic surgery then?

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:33 PM
I would let my child have the surgery. So my child won't get bullied at school or in public because i know how people can be rude....
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:15 PM
I agree.

Quoting mom4awesomekids:

For medical reasons, yes. For just to do it, no.
xixCandyxix
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Well it would depend on how bad the problem area looked for one, if it could be fixed in another way, and if it was a medical or genetic condition. It would depend how bad/awful it looks, is what it would come down to. If she would get teased every single day, I might consider it.

letstalk747
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:31 PM

yes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN