Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you allow your child to have plastic surgery?

Posted by   + Show Post

A 16 year old girl is having a face lift to help correct a disfigurement left by a genetic condition.

Although the facelift is to fix the disfigurement, it has caused a bit of controversy about somone so young having 'unnecessary' cosmetic surgery.

Would you allow your child to have cosmetic surgery in any instance?

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Replies (61-70):
zacmacsmomm
by Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Hell yes I would do it for that reason.  It's not like she's getting a boob job or cheek implants.  Anyone giving you crap is living in a glass house

EarlGrayHot
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:10 PM
2 moms liked this

But it ISN'T cosmetic if it's fixing a genetic disfigurement. 

wolfybaby
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:11 PM

to correct an abnorality/defect, yes. 

cosmetic [like circumcision], abso-freaking-lutely not.

Marissaloveskid
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I think I might in this situation where she has a medical condition.  Still, there's a lot to consider with  any  surgery.  This is a toughie. 

Avon rep, marissathiele.avonrepresentative.com
thatgirl70
by Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Just strictly for cosmetic purposes, probably not. "Oh, my boobs are too small, I need bigger." Can wait til they are an adult (I have a son though, so hearing that would probably be a bit unsettling, LOL).

Now to fix a defect or an injury related issue, I wouldn't hesitate.

tpw4313
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

for medical purposes....yes.  for other reasons....no

SlapItHigh
by on Jun. 30, 2013 at 11:54 PM
Not in any instance, no.
ledenfield_mom
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 3:46 PM
Personally I would have several conversations about life, inner beauty and my child's innermost thoughts and fears. I would also probable take my young adult to a couple different shrinks to find it if the reason for the surgery goes deeper than just a cosmetic reason or if there is an inner pain that causes a need to try and better their self with such drastic measures. Regardless how I truly feel about the situation the decision would be hers or his just as if the decision would be theirs of they were having a baby. I don't personally approve in my heart but we also have to respect our children or young adults when they feel really strongly about any serious situation and I can promise you there's always a deeper darker situation hidden down inside to push someone of that young age to even want to really go through plastic surgery. All I can say is pray, support what ever agreement your daughter or son decides with you and your family and strongly express how important a family bond and some kind of a support system for after the surgery. Personally I would say wait roll your 17 yes old to decide of you truly want this then we'll schedule a surgery. Please be carefull now a days there ate more and more women becoming a addicted to plastic surgery and addicted to trying to keep up with the rest of the plastic Barbie doll looking girls just to fit in. Always regardless what anyone else says tell your daughter she's beautiful, and tell your boy or girl how smart, awesome and amazing they are and that they can be anything and do anything as long as they are true to themselves and treat others the way they want to be treated with respect. I have a 17 ur old daughter and a 15 ur old son, I have a great friendship and relationship with both my kids but first and foremost I am mom and that is to be respected and not forgotten. I'm a single mother and I'm never alone no matter what I have time for a personal life after my kids go to College before I have grand babies. Lol The best advice I can give any parent is treat your child with lots of LOVE, RESPECT, UNDERSTANDING, APPROPRIATE DISCIPLINE & PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STICK WITH WHAT YOU SAY & DO DON'T GIVE IN AND IF YOU DO HAVE A MATE BOTH OF YOU HAVE & STICK WITH A UNITED FRONT.. Have a blessed day and an amazing Holiday...
Domino941
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

The only way I would allow my child to have plastic surgery is if my child was disfigured.

Sister_Someone
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 7:17 PM

To spare him unnecessary cruelty at the hands of other children (because, let's face it, kids are downright mean), yes, definitely I would.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)