Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like being selfish today

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:41 AM
  • 100 Replies
4 moms liked this
This is going to sound sooo selfish but its just the mood I'm in and as fellows mothers I'm sure you can relate. And I'm am sure I'm just saying what many have thought but haven't said...

They say motherhood is sooo rewarding! But let me ask you this where is my reward......yes having two healthy beautiful children.....knowing I'm raising two good people and citizens yada yada yada.....I mean where ( holdin my hand out) is my damn reward. You have a job you get paid. You do a great job at work you get a bonus. Some people get employee of them month or some other kind of recognition. 10 year anniversary at work you get a check 15 some get trips.....you all see where I'm going with this.

Yes today I want to be selfish I want to know where my reward is?

Ugh......my SIL 40 plus is in south beach Miami a spot my husband and I turned her in to...... I'm sooo jealous.....some days I just miss the pre family thing days....

Ok now gotta go take the girls to swim lessons lol
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I know how you feel.

goodmama85
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Def know how ya feel.
bclassybutsassy
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:47 AM
8 moms liked this

EmmasMommy2011
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I know how you feel. I love my two girls but some days I wish I could just go do what I want when I want to.

MsDenuninani
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:02 PM
5 moms liked this

The problem with motherhood is that it's a job that -- if you're doing it well - everyone just takes for granted.

And although mother is a great job, it's not a unique one.  Pretty much anyone can be a mother, if they've go tthe equipment. 

Yes, it is frustrating.  This is why I don't buy into the whole "being a mother is the most important thing you can do" trope.  It's great and all, but let's get real -- it's not paid work.  If you want something people outside your house are going to credit you for, you've got to do something else. 

(Me, I'm still trying to find what that something else is. . . .)

kurmom
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:03 PM
9 moms liked this
Yes!! I want a plaque with my picture on it that reads "Mom of the year, indefinitely!" Lol. But really, I feel like it should be my husbands job to recognize and reward my mom efforts. It's a tough job! And I don't ask for much. Flowers, a romantic dinner in and some snugly time! Or maybe my reward could be that he takes over the bedtime routine shift WITHOUT BEING ASKED!! :) I love my family I love my family, but I deserve recognition as well!
ZsMommy
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:04 PM
4 moms liked this

Hey

My husband's cousin is a live in nanny for a well to do family-I admit I get a bit disgruntled,maybe even a tad jealous she gets paid to "play mom" when those of us aren't "playing" and getting paid.

I'm not asking for a paycheck for being a mom,it just bugs me that some women are getting paid to be the mom to other people's kids their own mother's are too busy with careers to take care of them

(Vent over)

You're allowed to have a selfish moment. Many of us have been there.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:06 PM

It's okay to have selfish moments sometimes.

coreys_mommy
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

this is how i'm feeling today! i feel like i don't get acknowledged for doing a good job with the kids. today should be national "give moms a reward or something" day lol

Elle.tea.22
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:50 PM
3 moms liked this
I reward myself everyday lol honestly, I think I'm te same person and do the same things I did before kids. I travel, go places alone, shop, have fun, see my friends just as often, dress the same, go on dates, am spontaneous... I don't know how people allow it to not be the same.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)