Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

this is every sahm's nightmare!

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:10 PM
  • 19 Replies

Police in New Jersey are searching for the man behind a frightening home invasion and assault that was caught on camera.

The suspect, who burst into the home in Millburn and beat up a woman in front of her young daughter, is on the run, and authorities are hoping the nanny-cam surveillance video will lead to an arrest.

The incident happened around 10:30 a.m. on June 21 at the Cypress Street home.

Police say the unidentified male, described as a black man standing about 5-foot-11 and weighing 210 pounds with a light salt and pepper beard, forced his way inside and attacked the woman while her 3-year-old little girl sat on the couch.

He punched and kicked the woman repeatedly, then put her in a choke hold before throwing her down a flight of stairs. He made off with an undetermined amount of jewelry, including the woman's wedding ring, and fled the scene.

The woman was transported to an area hospital, where she was treated for injuries to her face and legs.

In addition to the girl, the woman also had an 18-month-old sleeping upstairs.

Anyone with information or who can identify the individual in the photo is asked to call Millburn Police at 973-564-7001.

*VIDEO IS VERY GRAPHIC*

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/national_world&id=9151443

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awful. I can't watch the video.

mylilprincesses
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:23 PM

i watched half of it then had to stop it just couldn't stand to watch anymore.

Quoting goddess99:

That's awful. I can't watch the video.

TheDoctorsWife
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Posted this in MC. What an awful thing to happen!

CjEmmemommy
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

How awful. Def my biggest fear.

sissy502
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

He won't be free for long!

KW1280
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I cant watch it because I will cry.
That is a fear of mine also
musicNcaffeine
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

After a rash of crimes in the area, my brother bought me a gun, and I took classes. We will be going shooting regularly so I stay in practice. And dh and I have put a safety plan in place for the kids.

mylilprincesses
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:38 PM

in this case he was on top her from the moment he walked in.. she didn't have a chance to get away. she tryed to go and protect her 3 yr old but he through her back onto the ground and began assaulting her again. very sad. she could have had a gun in the house.. dunno. :(

Quoting musicNcaffeine:

After a rash of crimes in the area, my brother bought me a gun, and I took classes. We will be going shooting regularly so I stay in practice. And dh and I have put a safety plan in place for the kids.

musicNcaffeine
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok I commented without watching. 

Then I watched it. 

And... that's scary terrible. But I know around here I don't open the door for anyone I don't know. And I keep it locked and closed. Sad? Yes. But definitely more safe.

I hope they catch the bastard.

Quoting mylilprincesses:

in this case he was on top her from the moment he walked in.. she didn't have a chance to get away. she tryed to go and protect her 3 yr old but he through her back onto the ground and began assaulting her again. very sad. she could have had a gun in the house.. dunno. :(

Quoting musicNcaffeine:

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

How awful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)