Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Why must Insurance be so difficult!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:58 PM
  • 26 Replies

I hate being on medicaid but don't have a choice right now. After my sceond son turned 1 back in April his medicaid expired.(Which I'd forgotten happened with my first son).

I have applied 3X now and still not letter or phone call about his status. I AM SO PISSED because I believe in giving my children their shots when needed. So for my 14 month still not having his shots kinda worries me. At the same time I know he'll be okay until I hear about his medicaid status. I grew up with my dad as a Dr and my SM was nurse, so there are many things that I don't worry about due to my parents being in the medical feild.

I HATE BEING ON WELFARE AND HAVING MY CHILD(REN)WAIT TO SEE HIS DR FOR HIS 1YR CHECK UP.

by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jcothrine
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:09 PM

health department in Tennessee used to give free vaccines

Mamaoftow0912
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I'll have to see about New Mexico having something like that. I am on WIC but don't know if they provide something like that for Children who have no insurance.

Junebaby18
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Mamaoftow0912:

I'll have to see about New Mexico having something like that. I am on WIC but don't know if they provide something like that for Children who have no insurance.

WIC won't give immunizations, but they can tell you about places that can give them for free or reduced prices.
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sure there is some free clinics that will do it.

Mamaoftow0912
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I bet there are too. Just need time to be able to call clinics for help. I have my next WIC appointment the 11th so if I don't get an answer from the HSD on my son's medicaid then at my WIC appointment I'll ask about it.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:16 PM
1 mom liked this

How can a child's medicaid expire. I'd be lighting up their phone lines, that is bs.

Mamaoftow0912
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:25 PM

I've been calling everyday. With Medicaid it goes from pregnancy to age 1. Then re-file and get it until they are 18. At least in New Mexico I've been running into this problem.

lizard3731
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

The courthouse in the little town I lived in when my dd and ds were little provided vaccines for free regardless of income.  Maybe there's something similiar near you.  My dh's insurance can be a pain, too, so it's not just Medicaid.

Mamaoftow0912
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Quoting lizard3731:

The courthouse in the little town I lived in when my dd and ds were little provided vaccines for free regardless of income.  Maybe there's something similiar near you.  My dh's insurance can be a pain, too, so it's not just Medicaid.

babygirljd
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Try your local health department, if they can't help you, they usually know who can. Hope that helps

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)