Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

someone please help me!!! step daughter possibly being touched....

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:30 PM
  • 30 Replies
my step daughter called her moms boyfriend daddy. she is 2 so we got upset about that but we know she is just confused. Now i was watching criminal minds and she was coloring and said "tim" (not his actual name) hit mommy in the face on the couch and she cried and he yelled really loud at her. Then she pulled down her pants and said tim touches me here and it hurts. now she just started using the potty offically so im not sure if he just helped her wipe or if he is touched her......i dont know what to do. we live in texas due to the army and they live in philly our home town....she is here for the summer. someone please help. my husband is in the field for the army so its so late to contact him....please tell me what to think&do.
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
treystiredmommy
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM

i would take it seriously and make a report.  the fact that she said it hurts throws up a HUGE red flag for me.  plus when girls start to use the potty they tend to wipe themselves at least for pee.

cornillia2013
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM
2 moms liked this
Omg ask her how he touches her...get her to explain it. That's step 1. Step 2;if he is raping her,u can call cps n cops. I would record her saying all the things he does that way incase she gets scared when cops arrive.
liels898
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:36 PM
2 moms liked this
You take her to a trained children's psychologist immediately and get their opinion. If there's any hint that she's being molested you file a report with your local police which will get child service involved so she doesn't go back into that household until it's proven she isn't being molested. It sounds drastic but take it from someone who's been there, if she's being molested and there's a chance you can save her it will be life-changing for her if you can.
treystiredmommy
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

do not questio0n her. you are not trained in how to do it.  make a report,  the police are trained in the proper techniques.  if you taint her responses accidentally he could walk if he is doing something to her.  make a report of suspicion and they will talk to her

hspear
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Exactly what the previous posters said. And from personal experience, if you get to the point of calling the police, call the non-emergency number; then explain what's going on and what you can do. We actually got in a lot of trouble for calling the emergency number since there was "nothing [they] could do about it right now". If needed, you can apply for an ex parte order of custody (grants you physical custody in an emergency situation where the child's safety is in jeapordy until a hearing takes place to change custody or leave it be).

Mom_to_Lincoln
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

If she is saying this then you need to call CPS right away and make a report. She will also need a rape kit done at the hospital asap. CPS will let you know what steps to take next.

AmyBarr10
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Call cps and police, do not risk it and let it go...
LindseyKate
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM

THIS

Quoting liels898:

You take her to a trained children's psychologist immediately and get their opinion. If there's any hint that she's being molested you file a report with your local police which will get child service involved so she doesn't go back into that household until it's proven she isn't being molested. It sounds drastic but take it from someone who's been there, if she's being molested and there's a chance you can save her it will be life-changing for her if you can.

Junebaby18
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Quoting Mom_to_Lincoln:

If she is saying this then you need to call CPS right away and make a report. She will also need a rape kit done at the hospital asap. CPS will let you know what steps to take next.

Depending on how long the little girl has been with the op and her dad, the rape kit isn't going to show anything. It will only show something happened if it was within the past few days.
MamaMerkle126
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 12:45 AM
1 mom liked this

If she openly admitted this to you, you cannot ignore it or treat it as anything less than EXTREMELY SERIOUS. Far better to risk "Tim" being pissy than that sweet little girl being abused. She's only a baby... somebody has to advocate for her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)