Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

10 Things Our Parents Let Us Do As Kids That Would Get Them Arrested Today

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:32 AM
  • 3 Replies
10 Things Our Parents Let Us Do As Kids That Would Get Them Arrested Today (PHOTOS)

by Julie Ryan Evans 

hippie vanPhew! We're here, and we're still alive. It's hard to believe we made it this far though, what with the crazy way our parents raised us. There were no helicopter parents or Tiger Moms, no baby monitors or preschool admission tutors; they were just moms and dads doing what they thought best. 

Looking back though, what they thought best was pretty dang scary in many cases. If we followed in their footsteps today, we'd have CPS on our doorstep in heartbeat ... or at least a judgy mom in our face. I recently polled some friends and family to find out what kinds of crazy things their parents let them/made them do when they were young, and they came up with some doozies. See if you recognize any that your own parents did, and add any news ones in the comments.

What's the craziest thing your parents did when you were young that could get someone arrested today?

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I was free range and a latch key kid at 8 years old. I rode in the back window of our 71 Oldsmobile Cutless Supreme and would squeal with laughter when my dad would hit the brakes and I would roll off onto the back seat. I also burned myself with the metal seatbelt latches in the summer because we never wore them. I rode in the back of my grandfathers truck bed all summer long and when he would ask me to bring him a beer, I would open it and take the first few drinks so that it wouldn't spill over when I was taking it to him. 

With all that being said, I cannot imagine allowing my children to do anything of that...lol

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 5:44 PM

I can't think of anything. Thanks for sharing!

goddess99
by Michelle on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I was all over my parents car while they were driving down the road, never wore a seatbelt, went from the front, backseat, way in the back.

I was all over my town, on foot, on my bike, I mean I put miles in every day, I was either alone of with friends, all under 10 years old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN