Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Should I out him on facebook or not?

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:44 PM
  • 24 Replies

Poll

Question: How would you handle the situation?

Options:

Out him on the facebook page

Try to catch him & talk to him about it

Just let it go and continue to clean it up

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 27

View Results

I live in a subdivision with an HOA. It is a typical family neighborhood. Kids playing outside and riding bikes while parents jog with baby stollers or walk their dogs.

Lately I have been finding dog droppings in my front yard. My dog is an inside dog and only goes out to the backyard to do her business then comes back in. She is never in the front, so I know it isn't her.

Our HOA has a facebook page, so I very nicely posted for everyone to remember to pick up after their dogs when they are walking them. I got a lot of very nice response to the post. I thought after the post it would stop. Nope, still is happening. After a couple of weeks, I found out who it is. They are a member of the facebook page so I am pretty sure they have seen that post. I even went so far as to say that I have little doggie pick up bags in a planter on my porch if anyone finds themself without one while on their walk they are welcome to take one. I have done everything I possibly can to be non confrontational but it is still happening. Once I have seen it happen from my living room window but was not able to get outside quickly enough to ask him to clean up and other times I have been told by my immediate neighbors that they have seen it.

My neighbor suggested that I out him on the FB page. What do you think? Would you post about it on FB, try to catch him and talk to him about it or just let it go?

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
acrogodess
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:46 PM
I would speak to him about it in person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 26, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Um lol well I'm assuming you're not in high school so I wouldn't out him on fb. I would catch him and say something.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:03 PM

OH i agree with you..lol

She thought I should go back to the original reminder post and ask him to clean up after his dog. I understand her thought process but it's not really one I am comfortable with you know... however if it is effective...haha

Quoting goddess99:

Um lol well I'm assuming you're not in high school so I wouldn't out him on fb. I would catch him and say something.

Knightquester
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 2:04 PM

I suggest taking one more step before "outing" him.  Keep your phone near your living room window (since that is a good spot to view it) or a camera, and take a picture of the owner and it's dog in action.  The reason being is it's no longer hearsay if you have tangible proof (outside testing dogie do to see if it goes to that dog).

After you do that I would go up to the owner and talk to him in person letting him know you don't want to see any more droppings unpicked up by his animal, but say nothing more (no threats, no mention of the picture, if he denies it let him). (first chance)

If there's more droppings, post the picture on Facebook, letting people know you found your culprit and you respectfully request that he stop leaving his dogs droppings on your lawn (second chance).

If he continues I would take the issue in person to the HOA and talk to them, asking them what they think you should do, and explaining the steps you've already taken to respectfully and peacefully resolve the issue with the dogs owner.

splatz
by Sarah on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I say talk to him in person.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I would talk to him about it.

jadeyazi
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:22 PM

speak to whomever it is in person.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Talk to him but be careful. You never know how people are going to react. 

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 9:46 PM
I believe calling him out on FB will simply have finding yourself go from cleaning up your yard to a flaming pile of it in front of your door.

This guy doesn't seem to take rules seriously or understand subtlety. speaking to him personally and/or getting a pic of it and sending it to your HOA to deal with it ( part of what you pay for, right ?) seems to be less aggressive yet still assertive course of action.
got3boyz
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I would talk with them personally.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)