Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I NEED HELP!!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:39 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have a 15 month old son, he is small only 19lbs. He gets his legs stuck in the bars of the crib. Also he chews on it. He has gotten slivers in his hands from the wood being chewed on. Is it too soon to put him in a toddler bed? Also when do I start potty training?

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ekh2010
by Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 4:42 PM

maybe a mattress on the floor instead in case he rolls off. we didn't start pt with dd until she told us she went pee and didn't like being wet. 2.5 for us...i would bring potty out and start having dad go potty with him...fun to begin then more emphasis on the pee part

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I moved my dd to a toddler bed when she started eating her crib lol. She was 4 before she was ready to potty train.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:30 PM

You have to do something. You have an outdated crib! He is to young to be potty trained yet. I wouldnt think about that until at least 2 to 2 1/2.

momof3jam
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Wow!! Maybe he's in the crib too long? Or does he do it at night? I have no advice for that one...

As far as potty training, don't listen to any books etc - they all learn at their own pace. Unless you have a deadline (like, needs to be PT by the time daycare starts, etc) don't worry about rushing it. He's still young, I'd wait until maybe 18 months or 2 years. But before then, like now, you can introduce him to it. Show him what it is, how to use it, how to get his clothes off (but be prepared for a naked kid all day lol) and leave it where he plays (clean lol).

We used to tape a package of fruit snacks a few feet above the potty. Too high to reach, but still visible. Then every time they would see it they would check/wonder if they had to go potty - or would try to.

BLHSWH2012
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:56 AM

It isnt an outdated crib. I bought it brand new.  it is only a year old. He is just SMALL!!!!

Quoting Janet:

You have to do something. You have an outdated crib! He is to young to be potty trained yet. I wouldnt think about that until at least 2 to 2 1/2.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:41 AM

That's terrible Poor baby. :( It could have been recalled. I would check to make sure even if he is small.

Quoting BLHSWH2012:

It isnt an outdated crib. I bought it brand new.  it is only a year old. He is just SMALL!!!!

Quoting Janet:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)