Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Is the Walk-In Clinic good enough for this?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:26 AM
  • 7 Replies

Yesterday when I was applying sunblock to my dd (10 years old) I noticed her little toe was red but didn't really think anything of it. Today I paid a little more attention when I was putting on sunblock and it's really red, the nail is kind of yellow and she said it hurt a little bit. She's at summer camp until 4:20, the doctor office here closes at 5pm and the walk in is open until 6:30. I could make an appointment with her doctor for tomorrow but that would mean missing some of summer camp and that would be like the end of the world lol. Do you think she needs to see her regular doctor or is the walk in clinic enough for something like this? 

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
notomatoes
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:33 AM

better to miss part of summer camp then be missing a toe, take her immediately to the doctor, dont wait another day or she could very well end up losing the toe, i dont know about anyone else, but i am kinda attached to mine!

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 27, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Hm well I'm not that worried. I think I'm going to bring her to the walk in after camp today.

Quoting notomatoes:

better to miss part of summer camp then be missing a toe, take her immediately to the doctor, dont wait another day or she could very well end up losing the toe, i dont know about anyone else, but i am kinda attached to mine!

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I would take her to the walk in one.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Walk in clinic should be fine,

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:22 AM

A walk in is fine.

Did she get it looked at? Is she okay?

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 28, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Yep we went and she has an infection on/in her toe. She's on antibiotics for 10 days but she's fine and at summer camp today.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

A walk in is fine.

Did she get it looked at? Is she okay?

splatz
by Sarah on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I was going to say walk-in as well. But I'm a little late to the game!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)