Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What are the names you chose for your kids and why?

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:32 PM
  • 40 Replies

Mine are Owen Alan.
Owen because I liked it and Alan is my fathers name.
Cameron Edward because my husband liked Cameron and Edward is his fathers name.

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I always loved the name Jonathan. I wanted a name that when someone looked at it, instantly knew if the person was a boy or a girl. It could be professional if he wanted to be a business person without having to hide it or be embarrassed by it later. Knew how to spell it. Though sadly, people screw his name up all the time when people somehow added another H to it & some people add two 0's. But at least it is close. 

Then his middle name is my dads. 

Bhayes1113
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Tristan Dean - My SO picked out Tristan, he always wanted to name his son that specially after I turned down the idea of making him Bobby Glynn III. I picked out dean because I wanted a middle name that started with a D. My grandfather went by TD so it was a way of naming him after him without giving him his name (which I can't even spell). 

Keira Leigh - I wanted to name my daughter Keira Lee I don't know why just always have. My SO wanted to spell it Leigh because that's his sister's middle name. 

Both names are compromises on both our parts and still names we both love so it works well.

lisa8824
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:46 PM
My daughter is Mikayla Leeann, we chose Mikayla because it is pretty and it was not common around Here then it means who is like god, Leeann is my middle name.

Our son who is due in August his name is Liam Matthew, my husband chose it, Liam means protector, Matthew is my husbands middle name.
CjEmmemommy
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Chad (CJ) is named after dad, he choose that not me

Emmarie came bc he wanted Emma and I said no so I thought and came up with Emma Marie and then Em-marie

Ethan was the name I picked as a child

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Jun. 28, 2013 at 6:46 PM

My daughter is Samantha Lynn. Samantha is after a friend I grew up with when I was very little and Lynn is a family name.

babyblue415
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:19 PM

well my son is a junior becuase of his dad and we saw the name for our dd on the news. it was the reporeters first name that got us to be like omg its so pretty.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Zadessa, I made it up and thought it was pretty.

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Mallory Nicole: My husband tricked me into her first name cause its a car ignition brand and he is a mechanic. She has my middle name.

Maybree Faye: I came across her name online and fell in love with it. It pretty. Some poeple i know dont care for it but screwem cause i dont care for thier kids names. Faye was my grandmothers middle name and she was also born on her birthday. 

momtoBrenna
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Brenna Lynne  is dd's name. Brenna because it's one of the few names that dh liked on the Celtic names database. Celtic is the part of our background that we share. Lynne is the end of my first name and several family members' middle names. 

Quinn Michael is ds's name. Quinn is again one of the few names that dh liked on the Celtic names database. Michael is dh's first name and the first born sons in dh's family get their father's first names as their middle names and have for 5 generations now. 

thatgirl70
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Conor Wade. Conor because I wanted a name that was Celtic, Gaelic or Welsh and I found it looking through a baby name website. The site had a mistake on the meaning at the time, it said "one who is loved" and I thought it was perfect (the actual meaning, which was eventually fixed, is "lover of hounds," but oh well, LOL). Wade is DH's middle name. There are two reasons for me choosing it. One was to pacify him for insisting that I pick the name and the second was to go with a theme. All of our first names begin with C, so I figured make the middle name match one of our middle initials, so I chose DH's. However, there aren't a lot of male W names I like, so Wade it was.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN